Talk

Advanced search

To not like magic tricks?

(10 Posts)
CruCru Tue 09-Apr-13 21:14:25

Magic shows seem to be the new comedy shows (or have been for a while). I never feel amazed by magic, just irritable.

I particularly don't like street magicians as I never realise what they are until they've already come up and started doing their thing.

Perhaps I am particularly irritable today though.

kinkyfuckery Tue 09-Apr-13 21:15:47

You've probably never seen the magic of magic then. I have a friend who is a fantastic magician and it's mindblowing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-Brandie-Magician/149520305919?fref=ts
^ If anyone is interested [/spam]

HoHoHoNoYouDont Tue 09-Apr-13 21:15:55

Should I wave my magic wand and make it go away grin

hwjm1945 Tue 09-Apr-13 21:17:05

Just boring.as is burlesque imo

AnyFucker Tue 09-Apr-13 21:17:54

YANBU. They are intensely irritating, and give me the steely eye.

idiuntno57 Tue 09-Apr-13 21:18:19

YANBU to dislike magic. Its a personal taste issue.

I love it. I never want to know how it is done and could watch all day every day. If you don't like it that's more for me grin

ChompieMum Tue 09-Apr-13 21:22:25

Dont like it either. Utterly boring. Just not interested in how they do it. Although oddly find Penn and Teller quite engaging.

RatherBeACyborg Tue 09-Apr-13 21:26:09

I get irrationally annoyed with magicians. No matter how good they are, all I can think of is that it's sleight of hand and 'conning' people. I know we're all meant to participate in the con, and I've tried, but I just get irritated.

Snugglepiggy Tue 09-Apr-13 21:33:43

No I don't like magic/ magicians either.My OH loves it,but then he likes science fiction,time travel and fantasy stuff too.Guess it's just different personality types.
I just like to know what's what ,annoying sort if person who needs an explanation for things.

CloudsAndTrees Tue 09-Apr-13 21:36:44

I don't like it either. It annoys me that I can't work out how they did it and it annoys me even more that they are so secretive about something so trivial.

YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now