Talk

Advanced search

To want to poke DS1 in the mouth and get his loose tooth out...

(12 Posts)
StoickTheVast Tue 09-Apr-13 18:43:42

Because he is being a pain in the arse about it. It is hanging by a thread, and so is my patience...

Refused to eat tea in case it came out. Doesn't want to clean his teeth in case it comes out.

It isn't his first - he has lost three or four already.

AIBU to wait til he goes to sleep and give it a good poke?

hiddenhome Tue 09-Apr-13 18:46:10

Can you get him to twist it round and round on the thread? They always come out easily if you do that <fond memories>

shrimponastick Tue 09-Apr-13 18:47:10

I bet it will come out this evening or overnight.

Get your £1 coin ready .. (or whatever inflation has brought the going rate to!)

GreatBallsofFluff Tue 09-Apr-13 18:49:35

Have had this with DD for the past week. I begged her to twist it out which she wouldn't do angry. Luckily it came out today but I do feel for you.

ilovepowerhoop Tue 09-Apr-13 18:49:59

we had this yesterday! ds got a bit of toilet roll to help grip the tooth and pulled it out-just in time for bed as well.

Areyoumadorisitme Tue 09-Apr-13 19:19:46

YANBU - DS1 once had a wobbly one for six months, it was really wobbly but just never came out. In the end the dentist pulled it out.

He has just yesterday been told by the orthodontist to get wobbling his last two milk teeth so that they can start on his braces. If they're not out in three months the dentist will have to pull them out. He's wobbling furiously!!

Good luck, hope yours come out quicker than DS's!!

DD refuses to pull hers out too - the last three have ended up being pulled out by the Dentist. I don't understand it myself, I loved playing with my wobbly teeth when I was a child!

StoickTheVast Tue 09-Apr-13 19:57:28

Oh, he will PLAY with it. Just not eat.

He has gone to bed without tea, because I cooked pasta in cheese sauce, nice and soft as requested, and he turned his nose up at it. I might give him an apple for breakfast followed by a toffee.

ToupOfRegDwight Tue 09-Apr-13 20:00:44

A loose tooth of mine was knocked out by a twiglet. Does he like twiglets?

You can always wait until he's asleep....

AnnoyingOrange Tue 09-Apr-13 20:03:09

I pull. My kids teeth out. Just get a tissue for grip and give it a good tug

Ds2 asks me to pull his out so he can eat. I've done two in the last week

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 09-Apr-13 20:44:37

DS had a loose front tooth for about two weeks. We were away on holiday with my parents (so he was eating loads of holiday 'rubbish' then went to my parents' house) While he was eating garlic bread it came out.He blamed me for putting a stone in his garlic bread grin
Then two of his bottom teeth popped out on the drive home.

DD came out when she was eating a tomato.

digerd Tue 09-Apr-13 20:51:33

My older DB told me to do what he did, but i was too scared so he did it. Tied a piece of cotton thread < mum always had loads as made all our clothes> round the tooth to the open door knob and then he shut the door quick.

It did come out and didn't feel a thing.

He didn't do it to his 7 year-old GD though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now