Talk

Advanced search

WWYD? Friend's kids and mine

(9 Posts)
somewhereaclockisticking Tue 09-Apr-13 18:09:13

I have a friend who I'm just getting to know - kids off on school hols so she brought her DD with her one day and I'd left mine at home. I brought DD3 the next day because she is same age as her DD. They got on nicely and played well that day and next but today they've played nicely but friend's DS is back home and he wouldn't leave his sister and my DD alone. He had a friend with him and they just kept tormenting them so DD came home with my friend's DD and they played nicely. Next thing I know my friend's DS and his friend are knocking on the door saying that the girls had to go to the park so his sister was nearer to home because it was getting dark. I thought ok and let them go. Text friend to say they were on the way and she text back that her DS was just jealous her DD had a friend round so I took this to mean that she hadn't actually requested her DD go play in the park. Now my DD has come home in tears saying how horrible my friend's DS is - how it was all a lie to get them out and how he was trying to hurt his sister and she was trying to protect her and then every time they tried to get away he and his friend were following, calling them names etc. Now she is home crying and I don't know what to do - should I tell friend her son was being a little shit or should I leave it? I am hoping that her DD says something but if her DD is used to this behaviour by her older vrother, then maybe she won't say anything. Don't want to upset friendship before it's really begun.

HollyBerryBush Tue 09-Apr-13 18:11:34

How old are the children involved?

Older brother or younger?

somewhereaclockisticking Tue 09-Apr-13 18:18:46

older brother - girls are 9 brother and friend 11

thezebrawearspurple Tue 09-Apr-13 18:42:17

Of course you should tell her!

twinklesparkles Tue 09-Apr-13 19:17:01

Yup, tell her. Sounds quite worrying actually :/

NynaevesSister Tue 09-Apr-13 20:52:32

Yes tell her. Be explicit, don't assume that your friend will get any hints. But definitely tell her. I doubt her DD will because it sounds like she won't listen to her anyway.

Continue to spend time with your friend but only if you can be honest with her about her sons behaviour.

SarahAndFuck Tue 09-Apr-13 21:50:55

Yes you should tell her.

He lied to get the girls out of your house and then tried to hurt them.

Your friend needs to know.

And don't let the girls go anywhere with him again unless you have spoken to your friend first.

CrapBag Tue 09-Apr-13 22:28:06

Tell her. Its worrying. I don't understand why he cares what his little sister is doing, especially when he has a friend there himself anyway.

From your friends response about him being jealous it sounds like she may be aware of a potential issue. I would definitely make sure she is aware.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 09-Apr-13 23:15:45

I would have called my friend to check that's what she wanted....you should have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now