Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to think evening and weekend free calls should be extended to the school holidays?

(10 Posts)
DuttyWine Tue 09-Apr-13 13:18:37

I'm off work, I keep using the house phone and forgetting its not free like the weekend! grin scared of next months phone bill.

LIZS Tue 09-Apr-13 13:58:01

Would rather it was actually evening calls ie after 6pm and included Bank holidays

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 09-Apr-13 14:09:26

Lol yabu. The world does not revolve around parents.

cozietoesie Tue 09-Apr-13 14:18:23

Just to remind folk that evening rates actually start ay 7pm these days and not 6pm. I wonder how many folk have still not realized and are paying higher charges than necessary.

DuttyWine Tue 09-Apr-13 21:24:24

Aaaargggh! I thought it was 6??? I'm thinking of getting rid of landline completely as I get quite a lot of minutes on my phone and I think dp gets unlimited to landline and same network.

ReallyTired Tue 09-Apr-13 21:29:39

Its a business and phone companies need to make their money.

I suggest you use Skype or change phone contract.

specialsubject Tue 09-Apr-13 21:30:49

I think the post office free time starts at 6.

or pay a couple of quid a month to BT for free landline calls anytime.

Toasttoppers Tue 09-Apr-13 21:32:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thermalsinapril Tue 09-Apr-13 21:33:30

What NeoMaxiZoomDweebie said.

cozietoesie Tue 09-Apr-13 21:48:33

I think that's the thing. Many people will use techy substitutes or seek out good deals but there will be a proportion of (probably longer established) users who may not have been aware of the change in peak times. 2010m I think it was?

BT is probably making a mint from it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now