Talk

Advanced search

to want everybody on my FB to hold the same views as me?

(5 Posts)
DoctorRobert Tue 09-Apr-13 12:31:23

This is kind of another Thatcher thread (sorry) but was something I was thinking about before she died too.

I find myself getting immensely irritated at FB posts which are not aligned with my own way of thinking. Today, I have deleted a FB friend (just an acquaintance in RL, so no biggie) because they've made more than one pro-Thatcher post now, and that's one too many for me. They didn't say anything overly offensive - I just realised that we're political opposites.

I have little tolerance for anybody who posts anything overtly right-wing (usually to do with immigration) and in the past have swiftly deleted anybody guilty. They are always acquaintances - my family and close friends would never post anything I disagree with.

So, AIBU to be so quick to delete? Do others do the same, or do you just ignore it? Hide their posts? Challenge them?

HumphreyCobbler Tue 09-Apr-13 12:33:32

I hide people that put annoying left wing stuff up. I just don't need the surge of irritation. YANBU.

HumphreyCobbler Tue 09-Apr-13 12:34:14

I will not put political stuff up myself, I will not challenge their views either. I am unlikely to change their minds.

mmmuffins Tue 09-Apr-13 12:39:15

I just ignore. I don't use Facebook to air my political views, I consider a fun social thing.

I did unfriend one person, but they were someone I barely knew and everyday there was a status about politics and it was all very aggressive.

Netguru Tue 09-Apr-13 12:47:28

I've been using it as a way of culling people I don't know that well. Very anti MT post - defriend. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now