Talk

Advanced search

Sorry its a parking one.

(9 Posts)
Crawling Tue 09-Apr-13 07:47:34

I pulled round a corner in tescos and there was a guy guarding a space now he could have quite easily drove in forward facing but for some reason he was to concerned with parking his car across the entrance.

Two cars were getting out my side so I indicated to go in one of those. They were having a hard time getting out as the other car refused to let his guard down to let them out. Eventually they got out but he is still not getting in the space so I can get in mine. There are a queue of cars behind.

He does this thing with his hands crossing them over. I take this to mean he wants to swap parking spaces as its easier for both of us to get in the opposite spaces as opposed to the ones on the same side of the road.

So I pull in his space expecting him to take my space. His wife jumps out of the car and starts shouting at me dont I know when someone indicates it means they want a space. I told her I thought he wanted to switch spaces. She said no he wanted you to reverse so he could reverse into the space.

I replied I couldnt reverse because he took so long getting in the space about 10 minutes

Crawling Tue 09-Apr-13 07:49:16

Sorry on phone: that I had a queue of cars behind me at which point there was screaming and shouting from her not me as her husband reversed into the other space.

Im new to driving was I in the wrong?

ParsleyTheLioness Tue 09-Apr-13 07:51:32

I don't think you were BU. Lol at how people like him think they can communicate what they want through the power of mime...;)

fairylightsinthespring Tue 09-Apr-13 07:51:57

no, the guy was a twunt, there is no universal sign for reserving a space. Don't quite follow all the details but screaming and shouting over a parking space is generally unreasonable!

Havingkitties Tue 09-Apr-13 07:58:16

Yanbu. You apologised and tried to explain what had happened. If they want to be unreasonably bonkers about it, then its probably because their pride was hurt because it took them so long to park and you just got the brunt of it.

Crawling Tue 09-Apr-13 08:14:15

Thank you.

MrsClown1 Tue 09-Apr-13 08:20:35

YANBU

They sound like they need to get out more!

shellbu Tue 09-Apr-13 08:26:44

yanbu some people get so precious about a certain parking space , even if there are 10 more in the next lane , love the twunt word FAIRYLIGHTSINTHESPRING , will be using that on husband next time he pisses me off smile

ilovecolinfirth Tue 09-Apr-13 08:26:46

Yanbu...some people make their own rules. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now