To not buy shoes for dc for one day?

(45 Posts)
whokilleddannylatimer Mon 08-Apr-13 20:13:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TreeLuLa Mon 08-Apr-13 20:14:15

FFS.

No, do NOT buy shoes for one day.

intheshed Mon 08-Apr-13 20:16:39

What?! I am very glad DD's school doesn't seem to go in for all this costume malarky. Madness- YANBU.

Cravingdairy Mon 08-Apr-13 20:19:19

What shoes are recommended? Pattens? Jester shoes? Silk slippers? YADNBU!

LIZS Mon 08-Apr-13 20:21:07

Ridiculous but how about plimsolls or ballet shoes to wear whilst there.

foreverondiet Mon 08-Apr-13 20:21:34

Teacher is being totally U.

Just ignore what she said.

whokilleddannylatimer Mon 08-Apr-13 20:22:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wingdingdong Mon 08-Apr-13 20:22:54

Tell the teacher that unfortunately your DC's medical needs weren't recognised in that era and that there are no era- appropriate, needs-appropriate shoes available.

If pushed, ask if your DD will be excluded from the trip because of her need to wear supportive footwear... And if so, can the teacher put it in writing? I wouldn't buy a new pair of shoes for DC for a one-day trip regardless.

LIZS Mon 08-Apr-13 20:23:15

that's a bit specific ! What "era" is it ? Ignore and send her as is.

ravenAK Mon 08-Apr-13 20:23:24

When you've stopped laughing, tell teacher she is very welcome to buy your dd a pair of appropriate shoes from the school petty cash.

HorryIsUpduffed Mon 08-Apr-13 20:27:10

I wouldn't buy special shoes for one day even without the special medical consideration. Ludicrous.

Backtobedlam Mon 08-Apr-13 20:31:14

That's ridiculous-even if we were billionaires I could not justify buying shoes just for one day, how wasteful. Don't do it.

SuzySheepSmellsNice Mon 08-Apr-13 20:36:58

No way José!

breatheslowly Mon 08-Apr-13 20:42:12

Does that mean that the teacher thinks all children have a pair of flat brown shoes lying about at home? Even if your DD didn't need more expensive shoes and had no additional needs this would be a crazy request.

SantanaLopez Mon 08-Apr-13 20:44:02

YANBU. What a nerve to ask!

Pilgit Mon 08-Apr-13 20:44:29

how many children have completely flat brown shoes...? YANBU! all the class will have to buy them. school is taking this far too seriously

Startail Mon 08-Apr-13 20:46:24

Apart from the expense, b rown shoes, are almost non existent as all schools say black.

Either this is a wind up or the teacher is totally barking mad.

foreverondiet Mon 08-Apr-13 20:46:47

Ridiculous how many kids have brown shoes (unless their uniform requires this) -I would not buy my child brown shoes for school trip even though she has no medical needs and I could afford to do so.

thebody Mon 08-Apr-13 20:46:49

Ridiculous, you will find majority of parents are far to sensible to waste cash like this.

How old is the teacher? Just tell her to stop bring an idiot there's a RECESSION on!!!!

Melpomene Mon 08-Apr-13 20:47:13

Could you maybe sticky-tape some pieces of cloth or felt over her existing shoes to make them look more authentic?

You shouldn't have to buy shoes that she won't be able to wear again.

Iaintdunnuffink Mon 08-Apr-13 20:49:06

FFs how ridiculous. I would refuse to buy a pair of brown shoes for my son for one day, however cheaply I could buy them. I'd much prefer him to be walking around in a pair of good quality well fitting shoes.

Loislane78 Mon 08-Apr-13 20:49:26

Should the teacher not be planning a lesson or marking or something rather than worrying about period costume shoes and sending letters to that effect?

Pisses me right off the way some teachers complain about how hard their job is and I don't just get 13 wks holiday you know - well stop saying/asking stupid things and public opinion might change.

LynetteScavo Mon 08-Apr-13 20:52:56

They are joking, surely?

Brown shoes like startrite ones?

McNewPants2013 Mon 08-Apr-13 20:55:57

No way would i buy DS a pair of shoes just for 1 day, madness.

That's helpful, Lois. [hmmm]

Op - tell her to bog off. She's being silly but that doesn't give Lois reason to slag off teachers generally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now