Talk

Advanced search

to have Foot In Mouth syndrome?

(15 Posts)
LizzyMcGuire Mon 08-Apr-13 19:40:29

I really am not safe to talk to people.

I just went out to put the buggy away in the car. Two of my neighbours were out there having a chinwag, they waved over and both exclaimed that I was looking very slim and lovely blush. I waved back and said, 'yes it's the 5:2 diet, I've lost over a stone by sort-of fasting two days a week'.

'Well it's certainly worked for you' said my NDN.

'It really has, ' I said. 'you should try it'

What the actual jiggery is wrong with me? I didn't even really realise what I'd said until I was inside my house, and the I had the creeping shame as it dawned on me.

blushblush

Please tell me it's not just me that does this. I am such an epic twat.

OHforDUCKScake Mon 08-Apr-13 19:41:56

Nooooooooooo!!! Hahahahahahah!!!!!!

GlitterySkulls Mon 08-Apr-13 19:42:54

oops grin

AnonymousBird Mon 08-Apr-13 19:44:08

Now that is funny!!!!

Sorry OP, not the support you were looking for!!!!

LizzyMcGuire Mon 08-Apr-13 19:44:19

<dies>

furbaby Mon 08-Apr-13 19:48:04

Don, t worry I am sure she did, nt take offense ..... smile
It just one of those things you say , I would, nt be offended .
I told my neighbour to fuck off today and I did mean it sad not good though as she is always sweary mary and I always stay calm . Regret it now as I have let myself down cos I am a good girl smile

Backtobedlam Mon 08-Apr-13 19:54:27

Aw bless you, I do this sort of thing ALL the time so try not to take it the wrong way when people make comments to me. Hopefully your neighbour didn't give it a second thought, but just in case drop in how slim she's looking next time you see her!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 08-Apr-13 19:55:38

I told someone I'd just met at work that her name didn't suit her...she did a hmm face and said Oh thanks sarcastically. Oops! You are not alone. I do it all the time!

spottyock Mon 08-Apr-13 19:58:35

Oh no! That did make me laugh. I say stupid things all the time then mull on it for ages afterwards, worried I've offended someone.
I bet she hasn't given it a second thought though.

Hopasholic Mon 08-Apr-13 20:00:48

Ha ha ha! grin Fantastic! I will defend you as I'm doing it too and can't stop raving about it and probably offending people in the process! Tell her you were on a 'Fast' day and had temporarily lost your marbles.

angeltattoo Tue 09-Apr-13 04:30:30

A lady in the supermarket today told me ' yes, you look like a lady that knows about baking' when asking for advice about a brownie recipe blush

I am 9 months pregnant, in my defence!!!!

KnittedC Tue 09-Apr-13 05:56:15

When I first moved into my current house we were decorating and I had a pair of jersey harem pant trousers on. I was putting something in the outside bin when my (lovely) neighbour came out of her house to go to her car and we said hello to each other for the first time. She commented that she liked my trousers, and said that she had a pair just the same that she loved. To which I replied "oh these? God I'm only wearing these to be scruffy as we're decorating". It was only when I got back inside that I realise just how rude I'd been! grin

dizzyhoneybee Tue 09-Apr-13 06:02:12

ooops....lol it's the sort of thing I'd do. As we say, when you are in a hole stop digging - I need to try that myself sometimes grin

Icelollycraving Tue 09-Apr-13 08:26:09

grin

ChairmanWow Tue 09-Apr-13 10:10:53

Ach maybe she didn't notice. How big is she?

Btw I do need to try it after 2 pregnancies. Over what period of time did you lose the weight? I keep gazing longingly at my old, neglected clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now