Talk

Advanced search

I know this is a bingo thread but someone for the second day running has blocked my bloody drive

(13 Posts)
Owllady Mon 08-Apr-13 10:15:11

it's obvious it is a drive
it has a car on it
a gate in front

so why bloody block it?confused

I live nowhere near a school but I do have an lcd tv which I am sure isn't the same as a flatscreen

McNewPants2013 Mon 08-Apr-13 10:38:20

Do you have a dropped curb smile

Owllady Mon 08-Apr-13 10:40:16

no we don't have a kerb at all, it goes from the drive straight onto the lane
she has gone now anyway grin

it's the same person as yesterday though

BlackeyedSusan Mon 08-Apr-13 10:42:05

next time, get her towed! look up the number now!

or get lots of people to bounce/lift it out of the way.

YouTheCat Mon 08-Apr-13 10:42:36

If she does it again, put a polite note on her windscreen, asking her not to park across your drive.

Owllady Mon 08-Apr-13 10:44:03

i will do youthecat.

BabylonReturns Mon 08-Apr-13 10:44:32

Just block her from being able to leave when she does it tomorrow, can you get a couple of friends to park bumper to bumper with her - credit card width between bumpers IYSWIM.

When she can't get her car out, but can't find who the cars blocking her belong to, she will think twice about parking there again I'm sure!

CSIJanner Mon 08-Apr-13 10:45:36

I get this with a dropped kerb when people ate just dropping off which is fine. I do get out of the car and stare hard if we're getting ready to leave and someone STILL blocks.

The overnight blockers tend to be at the weekend for student parties. They get loud knocks on the doors of they're still there at 10-ish when we try to leave the house we also tend to move the cars 5metres up the road for them as they're usually worse for wear and shouldn't be behind the wheel.

McNewPants2013 Mon 08-Apr-13 10:47:53

I would get it towed, I can't tolerate selfish parking.

Owllady Mon 08-Apr-13 10:48:46

You find this hard to believe but I live on a rural lane and I cannot actually SEE any other houses out of my window. The person who keeps doing it is visiting my neighbour who has her own drive which is about 1/2 mile long, but for some reason she is parking at the bottom of it right in front of my drive. There is no reason for her to do this at all confused and I couldn't get out to block her in as my drive is completely blocked whilst she does this confused

Owllady Mon 08-Apr-13 10:50:12

my neighbour is lovely btw. I have one bonkers one who i think i may well have posted about previously blush it's not them, it's a normal neighbour. Anyway i will put a note on if she does it again tomorrow

MoonlightandRoses Mon 08-Apr-13 11:12:40

Might it be easier to approach your neighbour about it instead and ask them to request the car be moved or parked elsewhere? That way the caller can't just ignore/misunderstand your request

NameThatTuna Mon 08-Apr-13 11:16:19

I'm having the same problem with builders.

Both neighbours are having work done at the moment. The builder's on both jobs keep parking across my drive. My car is on it angry

Again this morning I had to tell one of them to move the van. It happens every day. I've spoken to both sets of neighbours (who are lovely) they've told me they're having a nightmare with them as well.

Oh and our street is strictly a no parking zone. Double yellow lines on both sides as its a narrow road. Traffic wardens are back on the prowl as of Saturday grin

That'll teach the bastards!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: