Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to think some women act like school age kids!

(26 Posts)
M0naLisa Sun 07-Apr-13 23:49:06

Close knit group of friends I know have fallen out with one of the ladies. A select few of the friends are now spreading lies and rumors that this lady has said when they've actually said the stuff themselves, trying to get others to fall out with her!

FGS I'm 28 not 8. Needless
To say me and others are distancing ourselves from them slowly but surely!!

YouTheCat Sun 07-Apr-13 23:53:18

I'd distance myself quicker.

They sound very silly.

Catchingmockingbirds Sun 07-Apr-13 23:54:48

Distance yourself before you become their next victim.

M0naLisa Sun 07-Apr-13 23:55:16

Hmm yes they are, very much so!

I've been on the receiving end of their bullying ways many a time before.

I once got bollocked for taking my kids to Pizza Hut when DH got paid - because I couldnt afford it hmm lol

ujjayi Sun 07-Apr-13 23:56:21

YANBU

I have been equally as baffled by the behaviour of other grown women I know - mostly in their late 30s-40s. I don't understand it either OP.

As you say, best to distance yourself.

Figaro15 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:57:58

What a load of bitches! I agree, distance yourself from them or you will probably be their next victim.

They sound unhinged

M0naLisa Mon 08-Apr-13 00:18:43

I probably will. They won't get me down like they have before though. Most of the friends in this group know what the select few are like (well I say few I mean two main ones) if someone says something they don't like. They group together and gang up on one person to pull the other apart. Like when I went to Pizza Hut with my family. I got pulled up once because I had been to a cafe for dinner and as I was on benefits then I couldn't afford it and shouldn't have gone out for dinner for a £2.50 dinner. confused

Pathetic it really is!

M0naLisa Mon 08-Apr-13 00:19:15

I probably will. They won't get me down like they have before though. Most of the friends in this group know what the select few are like (well I say few I mean two main ones) if someone says something they don't like. They group together and gang up on one person to pull the other apart. Like when I went to Pizza Hut with my family. I got pulled up once because I had been to a cafe for dinner and as I was on benefits then I couldn't afford it and shouldn't have gone out for dinner for a £2.50 dinner. confused

Pathetic it really is!

Snoopingforsoup Mon 08-Apr-13 10:14:57

After posting on a similar thread yesterday, telling the OP this happens to everyone, my dearest are starting an unreasonable email onslaught this morning. Only trying to find a date for a night out, but the bitching and power playing has started!
It's exhausting.
Am distancing myself. The years we've all been friends clearly means nothing to them and I'm having no part in it.
OP, YANBU.

M0naLisa Fri 12-Apr-13 22:12:48

Ive started to distance my self from them. All they do is bitch bitch and bitch

MrsMangelFanciedPaulRobinson Fri 12-Apr-13 22:27:41

You're doing the right thing keeping your distance. They sound awful.

M0naLisa Fri 12-Apr-13 22:35:13

MrsMangelFanciedPaulRobinson

They most certainly are.

minibird69 Fri 12-Apr-13 22:38:36

YANBU. I've often wondered why women are like this and groups of women make me nervous. Heck even Mumsnet makes me nervous, but at least I can sign off if it gets too much!

constantine2000 Sat 13-Apr-13 21:09:48

If i were you i would blank them. Being a man i have to say groups
of women can be pretty sad.!

rainbowslollipops Sat 13-Apr-13 21:17:59

How odd. I wrote a post on here about something similar and actually I agree with you. I'm 22 and the women I'm getting grief from are between 28-42. hmm

LaQueen Sat 13-Apr-13 21:20:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

constantine2000 Sat 13-Apr-13 21:30:42

Can't you challenge them on their behaviour?

rainbowslollipops Sat 13-Apr-13 21:34:34

I don't understand why they do it?

PeaceandFUCKINGLove Sat 13-Apr-13 21:39:16

Tell them exactly what you think of them. It'll kill two birds with one stone, you will get to have it out with them, and you will get rid of them straight away with no distancing required. grin

constantine2000 Sat 13-Apr-13 23:06:41

be proactive and don't be afraid to be direct with them. why are they your mates anyway if they are so foul?

MrsMangelFanciedPaulRobinson Sun 14-Apr-13 22:54:09

I have come to the conclusion that there is a certain 'type' of manipulative, nasty, shit stirring person. They usually are able, through telling lies, to get others to side with them, and they seem unable to be happy within themselves and instead try to bring others down.

I've come across a couple of people like that in RL and also one or two online.

I'm getting better at sussing people out now. I think that's the key with that type of person; suss them out, keep them at arms length and don't let them into your life!

pigletmania Sun 14-Apr-13 22:58:04

Yanbu it is very worrying when grown adults behave like primary school children but worse

arabesque Mon 15-Apr-13 16:45:00

YANBU. But you get people like this everywhere - grown adults behaving as if they're still in the school playground. I've seen it in workplaces, have heard of it going on in residents' associations, and my sister used to have a group of friends who behaved like this. Heck, I've even seen it on mumsnet.

VanitasVanitatum Mon 15-Apr-13 16:51:00

I'm with laQueen, I just wouldn't keep people who act like that in my life, it's too short for all that negativity.

angelos02 Mon 15-Apr-13 16:58:46

YANBU. I used to work with a group of women like this & I never joined in with their bitching & backstabbing. They used to say things like 'Angelos, you're dead boring, you never slag anyone off' hmm People like that are just miserable. Happy people don't bitch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now