Advanced search

to feel upset my exh calls my child support

(17 Posts)
mum382013 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:30:58

my allowance?
it just made me see red today. he also said he couldn't pay me all of it and went on about how he didn't have enough money for him for the rest of the month. finally he pays my first lot,a month late mind you and he has to make it seem like im going to use it shopping for shoes!

mum382013 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:31:34

or should I be grateful he paid anything and just nod and smile next time

VodkaJelly Sun 07-Apr-13 23:37:51

Just tell him that if he is late or short again it will forever be known as CSA. Should make him think twice next time

MrsPeeWee Sun 07-Apr-13 23:39:19

It seems the real issue here is the faff about he's causing with the allowance wink

mum382013 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:40:00

I'm really trying to be reasonable for the kids sake but its upsetting me.
what did he think I was feeding the kids last month?

mum382013 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:40:48

an allowance as if its his choice he pays!

mum382013 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:41:32

I am buying shoes with it though, one pair for his kid!

mum382013 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:42:34

I didn't go for spousal support as I wanted it to be calm between us for the kids sake but if hes going to piss me off then I may rethink!

mum382013 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:45:37

with 3 disabled kids and disabled wife he cheated on and hit he might be surprised how much a court may make him pay!

BlackeyedSusan Mon 08-Apr-13 00:01:04


Snazzynewyear Mon 08-Apr-13 00:06:44

Yes, go through official channels. Then you won't have this problem. It's not 'unreasonable'.

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Mon 08-Apr-13 00:26:56

Yep, tell him your 'allowance' will now be called 'CSA', and will be 20% of his entire income, for 3 DC's...wink

MammaTJ Mon 08-Apr-13 05:22:46

I would say he can call it what he likes as long as he pays it on time, but it IS child support.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Mon 08-Apr-13 08:06:01

What about if you said it is not an allowance that you choose to pay to me. It is the contribution that you may towards your child's expenses. And believe me, you aren't contributing anything close to half. So if you carry on with this 'allowance' stuff, acting like you're doing me a favour, I'll be putting a call into the CSA.

HollyBerryBush Mon 08-Apr-13 08:14:24

This is a genuinely thick question. I apologise in advance if I unintentionally upset someone.

Spousal maintenance? Surely that went out with the ark?

Icelollycraving Mon 08-Apr-13 08:15:28

What Hec said ^

SmellieWellies Mon 08-Apr-13 09:28:48

what Hec said too.

In fact, go to CSA anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: