Talk

Advanced search

to be angry that ex has just returned from his 3rd luxury holiday....

(15 Posts)
flaminhoopsaloolah Sun 07-Apr-13 22:11:46

but hasn't paid any child support in a long time whilst DC and I haven't had the money to go on even 1 holiday in the past several years?

CloudsAndTrees Sun 07-Apr-13 22:12:22

YANBU.

You do have a claim with the CSA right?

flaminhoopsaloolah Sun 07-Apr-13 22:13:36

Nope...he moved outside of the EU and he claims he earns nothing.

CloudsAndTrees Sun 07-Apr-13 22:17:12

Then he's a complete twat.

I would be angry too, but anger drains a lot of energy that twat man just isn't worthy of.

hwjm1945 Sun 07-Apr-13 22:18:30

Surprisingly common state of affairs in my experience.pretty shitty

flaminhoopsaloolah Sun 07-Apr-13 22:19:24

Trying not to be angry...it's more about the fact that he can just treat DC like that. They deserve better. Of course, he'd turn around and say...your fault they're missing out, you should send them to live with me.

BruthasTortoise Sun 07-Apr-13 22:20:03

YANBU to feel angry but anger if there is no resolvable course of action to be taken is a draining emotion. For your own sake, try and let it go. He's had three holidays, you have the love and respect of your children.

Gorjuss Sun 07-Apr-13 22:25:18

If there's no way of getting him to pay then I'd try n not find out what he's doing. You'll just end up stressing over it, even though it's totally unreasonable not to pay towards kids xx

flaminhoopsaloolah Sun 07-Apr-13 22:32:17

Didn't try to find out...was told. Have no interest usually in what he's doing because I have a life - was given the information. One of my DC asked for music lessons recently...just music lessons and I can't afford to do it...I could if he fulfilled his obligations...not worth it, I know...need to stop thinking about it.

Gorjuss Sun 07-Apr-13 22:43:29

I have the same issues with my ex my oldest is starting to realise but I don't suppose she will fully understand till she has kids of her own. It drives me crazy I try not to think about it too x

Hissy Sun 07-Apr-13 23:36:35

Who told you?

gossip news like that, you don't need to know.

Tell the sticky beak to beak out.

DeskPlanner Mon 08-Apr-13 08:13:49

Some men are just pathetic. At least you have your lovely dc.

flaminhoopsaloolah Mon 08-Apr-13 10:49:33

The man (and I use that term loosely) told DC - via a brochure from the place and several pictures of him there with his "other family".

E320 Mon 08-Apr-13 11:42:12

Which country is he living in. If he is in Europe, but outside the EU there may still be ways of making him pay up.

ChickenNoodleSoup Mon 08-Apr-13 12:16:29

Check if the country he lives in has signed up to the Reciprocal Enforcement Maintenance Order agreement.....You should be able to walk into your local Magistrates Court if there is an existing Court Order for Maintenance and they will contact the Court in his country of residence. This is at NO cost to you!! Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now