Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not want thank you cards in the shape of other people's babies?

(27 Posts)
NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 07-Apr-13 15:10:01

I am very grateful for a thank you card...it's lovely to get one...and an update on the baby.

But...this last couple of months, I've had 4 cards from friends which are photographs stuck onto plain blank cards...big ones in 2 of the examples.

I feel guilty throwing them away but don't want them in my photo album or on the wall.

I put them up...like any card to look at for a week or so...then what am I meant to do with them?

AIBU to not like binning or recycling them yet at the same time not wanting to keep them either?

LifeofPo Sun 07-Apr-13 15:12:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

janey68 Sun 07-Apr-13 15:13:47

Just recycle. No need to feel bad. Digital photography has changed things totally you know.. People send photos all over the place without a second thought so it's no big deal

Icelollycraving Sun 07-Apr-13 15:14:26

Yabu. Most people complain that they don't get a thankyou card.
I understand you don't want them up forever,just keep it somewhere like you would special cards etc.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 07-Apr-13 15:15:14

IceLolly but that's the trouble...I am already overloaded with "special" crap of my OWN DDs.

MrsBombastic Sun 07-Apr-13 15:15:19

I have never had this.. that's a good question!

AThingInYourLife Sun 07-Apr-13 15:17:29

YABU to suggest that people were getting cards made in the shape of their baby if that is not happening (yet - just bought babyshape.com, baby shaped cards will be a reality in 2013!)

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 07-Apr-13 15:21:13

Thing I know...I saw my bad wording after I posted!

Babyshape.com sounds great! I'll be the first in line...but I want it life sized please.

I just asked DH and he says I am coldhearted and should put them in my album. I can't do that! THey're not that close...and in years to come people will say "Whose that baby?" and nobody will know.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sun 07-Apr-13 15:23:13

Ive just ordered my Thank You cards, they have pics of Ds on. I wouldn't be offended if they were ultimately chucked out, hopefully they would be gratefully received and possibly displayed for a few days but if not then at least I've acknowledged the gift received.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 07-Apr-13 15:24:58

It's nice and everything....but really....I see the children in question on a fairly regular basis...I just don't want a picture of them. If I never saw them then I would.

doublecakeplease Sun 07-Apr-13 15:29:06

Umm - i send Thankyou cards with a pic of DS (wearing / playing with the present if i can)

I'm not arsed whether people keep them tbh but i think it's kind of a nice gesture for someone who has gone to the effort of sending DS a present. DS is only 1 so i might get fed up of doing it before he is old enough to do his own

notallytuts Sun 07-Apr-13 15:29:09

do people really keep thank you cards confused

i keep them if its particularly special for some reason, but the vast majority go in the bin after being read and displayed for a few weeks!

pigletmania Sun 07-Apr-13 15:33:20

Just keep tem for a week or so and put them in recycling

AThingInYourLife Sun 07-Apr-13 15:45:40

"Babyshape.com sounds great! I'll be the first in line...but I want it life sized please."

Yes, life size will be our smallest line. We'll go all the way up to skyscraper drape.

The demand for this is going to be endless.

Icelollycraving Sun 07-Apr-13 15:52:43

I would just feel too mean to throw away a photo of a friends baby!

fuckwittery Sun 07-Apr-13 15:53:42

I throw them away but also feel a bit bad!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 07-Apr-13 16:11:03

Thing I want 40 skyscraper sized then please. Nothing is too big for my PFB and PFSB. I want them hand delivered too please.

olivertheoctopus Sun 07-Apr-13 16:12:34

I keep them on the pinboard in the kitchen for a bit and then they go in the recycling. Am useless enough at putting pics of my own kids in albums, let alone anyone else's!

Tritenyears Sun 07-Apr-13 16:13:12

I get thank you cards printed with pics of the DCs. Thoroughly assume people might put them on the mantelpiece for a couple of days and then chuck them. I don't even expect the doting grandparents to keep them long term.

MistyB Sun 07-Apr-13 16:24:09

Loving babyshape.com! Can I buy 50% of the company in return for an input of 2p and my vast experience in buying cards!!

People don't expect you to keep the photos of their babies in your photo album, they are just trying to say thank you and share their baby with you as the baby / friend obviously meant enough to you to send a card! You go oooo, cute, read the card and bin it or put it on the pin board / mantlepiece for a week / three months / whatever and then bin it!!

ToupOfRegDwight Sun 07-Apr-13 16:25:59

YANBU as that's your opinion (and the fact that I'm a huge lover of The Breakfast Club has no influence in branding you unreasonable wink)

FWIW I keep all of the photo cards I get as they're mostly family and very close friends.

MamaBear17 Sun 07-Apr-13 16:26:57

YABU. I love getting cards like this and I do keep them (because I am sentimental and soft). However, like others have said, just chuck them once you have had enough of them.

AThingInYourLife Sun 07-Apr-13 16:47:15

Misty - we'll turn that 2p into 2 million p!

gemma4d Sun 07-Apr-13 16:59:15

Every year I do photo-christmas cards of my DCs. I don't expect anyone to keep them - it's a Christmas card, bin it! I would, however, like a little smile when you open the envelope.

Trills Sun 07-Apr-13 17:08:19

YANBU to not want to keep it

YABU to not want to receive it - it's not the sender's fault that you are being weird about throwing out a Christmas card.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now