Talk

Advanced search

To ask...why do I never learn? Have you learned?

(29 Posts)
DrHolmes Sun 07-Apr-13 12:13:00

Didn't eat very much at all yesterday, before tea already had a few glasses of wine and carried on until 1am.

Spent this morning with my head in the toilet...I am supposed to be going to see Meatloaf later. Long drive, can't think of anything worse right now.

Why do I do this to myself?

Does it ever sink in?!

SpotTheSpot Sun 07-Apr-13 12:17:40

How old are you? I'd think by the age of 25 you'd have learnt this by now hmm

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 07-Apr-13 12:18:02

Lol. Are you 17 and living in 1986??

drunk...Meatloaf...throwing up in toilets....

LittleEdie Sun 07-Apr-13 12:23:23

I'm 42 and I've not learned OP grin.

DrHolmes Sun 07-Apr-13 12:24:17

Haha I am 26 and thought I had learnt, this is the problem!

Partner is massive fan so he is dragging me along but I do think it will be a good show.

I think the problem was having nothing in my tummy. I have not been sick in such a long time and I hate this feeling. Blergh

ScumbagCollegeDropout Sun 07-Apr-13 12:24:49

I would have liked to think I had learnt as I haven't done the whole drunken spew for years.

But alas I did very similar a couple of weeks ago at my new boyfriend's house blush

He still wants me for some reason, which I am more than okay with grin

Enjoy Meatloaf!

DrHolmes Sun 07-Apr-13 12:25:03

Oh no Little!

DrHolmes Sun 07-Apr-13 12:26:41

smile @ scumbag
It's just the worst feeling, isn't it?

Thanks, I hope too but just want this feeling to go!

MrsMaryCooper Sun 07-Apr-13 12:28:08

My husband is 45 and he hasn't learnt. I'm 43 and I never drink on an empty stomach. I haven't learnt to stop at a reasonable time, though.

McNewPants2013 Sun 07-Apr-13 12:29:03

Are you safe to drive today.

IceBergJam Sun 07-Apr-13 12:29:12

Im 35. Did this last weekend. Hadn't drunk for two years. Can't believe I did it. Thought I would have out grown it!

DrHolmes Sun 07-Apr-13 12:30:00

Yep, I will always make sure I have eaten from now on.
A few of my friends decide a time to stop and they do stick to it. I find it hard because I just always have a great time and want to sing and dance that I just don't want to stop. Not thinking about the next day unfortunately!

McNewPants2013 Sun 07-Apr-13 12:31:16

But I would have a heathy breakfast, some painkillers and plenty of water/juice and get some sleep.

Enjoy your evening

ValarMorGoolis Sun 07-Apr-13 12:31:32

Get a 7up and a massive dinner in you grin

I had a bit of a hangover last week, went to a 40th, no we don't learn but MILs roast sorted me out.

When I was younger I'd drink until I was drunk then have lemonade. Still had great time being pissed, but rehydrated enough not to die next day.

And sometimes, the dirty burger van does serve a purpose grin can blame illness on BAD burger

DrHolmes Sun 07-Apr-13 12:33:38

mcnew I have told my partner I cannot drive to the arena, it's 3 hours to get there. We will have a meal there and then the show so I do think I will be ok to drive back.

Good point to make though, thanks.

VerySmallSqueak Sun 07-Apr-13 12:35:48

You do learn.
By the time I was about 30 I only ever got really really drunk 'accidentally' about once a year.
By approaching 40 I realised that it made me feel a lot worse than it was worth so I now stick to my limits.
I don't think I have been properly drunk (and certainly not ill with it) for several years now.

DrHolmes Sun 07-Apr-13 12:38:29

I have started to crave a McDonald's. Oh no!
I want t wait for the nice pasta at the restaurant we are going to.

mcnew I took painkillers and they came right back up sad

What's annoying is that everytime I doze then wake up I feel a lot better. Then I get up and that dreaded feeling of "oh crap, i have to get to a toilet NOW" creeps up and boom! Back to square one.

I think I will try dry toast soon.

Laughing to iceberg and valar. Glad to hear I am not the only one!

DrHolmes Sun 07-Apr-13 12:39:59

very you sound sensible. I aim to be like you!

It really is not worth it.

GlaikitHasHerFizzBack Sun 07-Apr-13 12:40:20

He's in Glasogow tonight isn't he! I'm going to Sheffield in a couple of weeks! Enjoy!
For the hangover, water, irn bru and salt and vinegar squares

DrHolmes Sun 07-Apr-13 12:44:41

Sure is Glaikit! I am looking forward to it and hope you have a good time too when it comes.

Ohhhhhhh Irn Bru! That would sort me out but I don't have any sad Will have to be lemonade or coke.

tomatoplantproject Sun 07-Apr-13 12:46:59

I used to end up really sick every weekend from drinking. Eventually I found my off button because too many days had been ruined. Dh will carry on for hours and hours still but he doesn't suffer like I do. I now don't go out at all (dd is 5 months) and have to say love feeling clear headed. I don't have the wild and crazy nights I used to have though!

Get some food down you slowly and keep persevering with the water, it will pass eventually and then you'll be fine for later.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Sun 07-Apr-13 12:48:01

I've learnt that I haven't learnt grin

HoHoHoNoYouDont Sun 07-Apr-13 12:49:03

Lol. Are you 17 and living in 1986??

drunk...Meatloaf...throwing up in toilets....

grin

McNewPants2013 Sun 07-Apr-13 12:50:34

I haven't learned either. Alcohol dims my self judgement and all logic goes out the window.

I am 27 so hopefully I will learn soon

MrsPresley Sun 07-Apr-13 12:55:16

DrHolmes I'm going to see Meatloaf tonight too smile, minus the hangover grin, will leave that till tomorrow

I've seen him about 7 times before, he's great, you'll love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now