Talk

Advanced search

to not read any thread..

(8 Posts)
CandlestickOlder Sat 06-Apr-13 21:29:11

...that has 'long - sorry!' in the title?

I just don't have the attention span. confused

HeathRobinson Sat 06-Apr-13 21:29:38

See your GP?

BriansBrain Sat 06-Apr-13 21:31:17

Start doing sudoku that should help.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sat 06-Apr-13 21:32:06

No, it's your choice, obviously.

But not all things - particularly problems - can be adequately described in ten words or fewer grin Sometimes it's a really complicated problem that they really need help with and it can't be condensed to a few words for the easily distracted.

But when they end up trying to make it short, only for something to be missed out, people then choose to leap upon and beat them up over for 'drip feeding'

So I guess they can't really win.

CandlestickOlder Sat 06-Apr-13 21:35:20

Ooh I know.

But I'd probably read them regardless of how long they were if they didn't have that in the title grin

TheAccidentalEgghibitionist Sat 06-Apr-13 21:42:56

I like the ones that say long, unless of course it's all in one paragraph <unreadable>

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Apr-13 21:48:17

Some of them aren't as long as those who don't say anything though.

It's nice they're giving a warning, but I'd apologise at the end of the OP that I'd blathered on too much rather than risk putting anyone off who's not in the mood for trawling through loads of text.

Hassled Sat 06-Apr-13 21:50:48

The ones that say "long - sorry" usually aren't especially long. Or not too long, anyway. If a poster is thoughtful enough to put the "long" warning in the thread title they usually turn out to be thoughtful enough not to waffle on with unnecessary detail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now