Talk

Advanced search

To be so annoyed?

(35 Posts)
dancemom Sat 06-Apr-13 21:27:33

DD has a bit of a toxic friendship going on and received a text from toxic friend informing her that a mutual friend was at toxic friends house. Dd replied saying oh that's nice and then received a further text saying ha you aren't here and we are having the best time ever!
Dd is a bit hurt at the blatant rudeness but I'm fuming! Toxic friend is notoriously spoilt but to be that vile at 8 years old shocks me!
Tempted to call her mother and ask her to delete dd from toxic friends contacts!
Am I being PFB and its just girls being girls?

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Sat 06-Apr-13 21:29:03

Why has your 8 year old got a phone? confused

BenjaminButton172 Sat 06-Apr-13 21:30:42

Firstly i would take the phone away from you child and then i would contact the mum and tell her what her dd is doing.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 06-Apr-13 21:30:53

I am old. My initial reaction was 'an 8yr old. With a phone...'

Yes, not nice. I guess your DD is rapidly learning that some friends are not truly friends.

dancemom Sat 06-Apr-13 21:31:44

My dd isn't 8, toxic friend is.

And it's not a phone, they messaging on IPad, mine not hers.

Although toxic friend has own phone and iPad.

Rainbowinthesky Sat 06-Apr-13 21:32:01

Your dd is too young to have a phone and to handle all these types of situations having a phone entails. Get rid of the phone.

Jestrin Sat 06-Apr-13 21:32:14

I think you should let her mother know. My DD has had this. Her friend and another being nasty about her and then the conversation conveniently being forwarded onto her. I contacted the friends mother and it got sorted out.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 06-Apr-13 21:32:35

Yes...why are you letting a child use a phone? This is why things like this annoy me so much.

Remove the phone. If you were being PFB you'd not let her HAVE a phone.

If you think she'll be ostrasiced for lack of a phone well that's a good thing by the sound of it. help her make friends with some REAL 8 year olds!

BenjaminButton172 Sat 06-Apr-13 21:32:36

Hell - i am only in my 20s and i dont think kids should have mobiles.

Rainbowinthesky Sat 06-Apr-13 21:33:04

Then the friend will know you have read it. I would simply phone her parents and tell them.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 06-Apr-13 21:33:06

dancemom I assume your DD is 9 then. Still too young for a phone.

BenjaminButton172 Sat 06-Apr-13 21:33:41

How old is your dd?

nailak Sat 06-Apr-13 21:34:55

the kids hasnt got a phone, y does everyone keep going on about it?

dancemom Sat 06-Apr-13 21:43:18

She is 7

She doesn't have a phone!

CheCazzo Sat 06-Apr-13 21:46:06

Big big difference between 7 and 8 ffs

How are they messaging her then? MSN? Put a stop to it - that is your duty as a parent. Maybe you don't know that so I hope I'm being helpful pointing that out to you.

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 06-Apr-13 21:46:14

Bloody hell. This isn't about the OP's child having access to a phone or ipad. Kids have been horrible long before this technology was invented. OP sorry this kid is being mean to your daughter. Keep them apart and do tell the parents.

DiscoDonkey Sat 06-Apr-13 21:46:38

Contact the mum and say that your not happy about the messages being sent. Then ban all messaging from the i pad. DS got into a bit of this with moshi monsters messaging. We now have a blanket ban on any type of messaging.

I would be tempted to send a message saying "this is dancemom please let your mum know I will be calling."

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 06-Apr-13 21:47:13

Yes ban messaging. I have an 8 year old DD. She has friends who message...I don't allow it.

DiscoDonkey Sat 06-Apr-13 21:48:04

What on earth are you talking about CheCazzo? There's not that much difference between a 7 and 8 year old!

dancemom Sat 06-Apr-13 21:48:10

Thank you twinkly, I didn't know if I was over reacting wanting to contact the parents.

Pp Kids can message on iPads, iPods etc via an email address, instant messaging via wifi.

CheCazzo Sat 06-Apr-13 21:49:42

I'm being bloody sarcastic DiscoDonkey. Sorry if that went whizzing over your head.

dancemom Sat 06-Apr-13 21:50:37

Thank you for the responses, wasn't sure if I was being PFB or not so glad to hear others would notify the parents.
Unfortunately we have to meet up for a local social event tomorrow so may raise it then.

DiscoDonkey Sat 06-Apr-13 21:50:46

I think the problem with messaging at this age is that when kids have a fall out in the playground etc they go away and it can be forgotten, messaging allows bad feeling to carry on and get out of hand. It also allows any bullying to follow the child into the home. I just don't think any messaging unless strictly supervised is appropriate at this age.

DiscoDonkey Sat 06-Apr-13 21:51:56

Don't be a prick CheCazzo. smile

CheCazzo Sat 06-Apr-13 21:53:28

Me be a prick? Bit rich coming from someone jumping up and down without considering the options first!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: