To think this is a shit response to a 'pour your heart out' text

(17 Posts)
mildlyinsulting Sat 06-Apr-13 21:12:49

smile) xx

CheCazzo Sat 06-Apr-13 21:15:56

Leave the bastard

Liara Sat 06-Apr-13 21:17:07

What were you expecting?

Maybe in future pour your heart out in person rather than by text?

Iamsparklyknickers Sat 06-Apr-13 21:19:17

Pour your heart out as in declare undying love, or as in telling them your deepest, darkest secrets?

Tbh either way it looks like someone trying to be positive/supportive via text - not the easiest medium. Try using your voice and calling if you don't want it open to interpretation.

Blessyou Sat 06-Apr-13 21:20:45

Text is not really the medium for pouring your heart out

MrsBombastic Sat 06-Apr-13 21:20:47

I think Liara has a point.

I would imagine the reason you got that response was because he/they didn't know what to say?

NEVER tell anyone anything that is really important in a text message, it's not appropriate and it puts the person you are communicating with in an awkward position.

TBH, I would say, meet me tomorrow we talk about it then or some such.

If you need to tell someone something important you do it face to face. Period.

Sorry.

somedayma Sat 06-Apr-13 21:23:06

what they all said ^. Text is not the way to discuss anything meaningful

Freddiemisagreatshag Sat 06-Apr-13 21:24:44

Have you lost the power of speech?

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sat 06-Apr-13 21:27:06

I do have to agree that pouring your heart out by text is less likely to get the response you need than if you talk to someone.

What were you hoping they would say?

mildlyinsulting Sat 06-Apr-13 23:39:53

Thanks for the replies, me and my manfriend are on a break, he asked for a reason behind something CIA text, I responded with heart pour out text as asked and got that back. Both of us are usually face to face people but there are circumstances that make face to face impossible at the moment. Same goes for phone calls. I'm pro ably being over sensitive

mildlyinsulting Sat 06-Apr-13 23:40:26

*probably

HoHoHoNoYouDont Sat 06-Apr-13 23:41:53

I think you must have been texting my ex grin

MsVestibule Sat 06-Apr-13 23:43:07

Sorry, but what's a CIA text confused?

mildlyinsulting Sat 06-Apr-13 23:43:57

Aaarrrrggghhhh... CIA=via. Autocorrect needs to F off

anonymosity Sat 06-Apr-13 23:44:16

Is it "caught in the act"?

DoJo Sun 07-Apr-13 12:42:49

I suppose it depends what the contents of your text were - clearly you felt it was an inappropriate response, but he believed it was. Is that indicative of the reasons you are on a break? Does he had form for failing to understand your feelings? If not, then perhaps it was just a desire to respond without knowing what to say. Or you could just text him back and say that you thought your message warranted a bit more of a response and take it from there.

mildlyinsulting Tue 09-Apr-13 19:00:14

All sorted out face to face, I do hate mobile phones!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now