Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want Professor David Wilson all to myself?

(23 Posts)
ItsallisnowaFeegle Fri 05-Apr-13 01:48:13

I don't think so.

I want him to be mine, all mine, and to have in-depth discussions about serial killers over a cheese board and port with me at every feasible opportunity.

I believe that's extremely reasonable grin

Chiggers Fri 05-Apr-13 09:22:00

Yeah OK. You have him and I'll have Stephen Hawking. He's just my type of man....grin. Oh, and he has a nice set of wheels too, so I win hands down wink.

ItsallisnowaFeegle Fri 05-Apr-13 15:00:53

Just watch out, I've heard he's a ladies man wink

Chipstick10 Fri 05-Apr-13 15:16:40

Ooh I wuf him. He is so interesting and watchable.

CommanderShepard Fri 05-Apr-13 15:24:10

I've worked with him - he kisses me on the cheek when I see him smile

ItsallisnowaFeegle Sat 06-Apr-13 00:24:51

Too late Chip, my claim on him has been validated grin

Commander, please tell him he's wonderfully engaging and pass on my number when I PM it to you

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Apr-13 00:38:04

If we were only going for subjects that interested us then I'd do you over to get first in line go for him, if it was an interest free free-for-all I'm prof Coxs bird every time.

ItsallisnowaFeegle Sat 06-Apr-13 15:04:51

Lets have the free for all AgentZ & leave my Proff Totty alone grin

SoniaGluck Sat 06-Apr-13 15:34:09

Oh, professorial crushes. grin

Nearly 30 years ago, I fell for Professor A J Pollard of the University of Teesside. Actually, he might not have been a professor then, I can't remember.

This has never left me. I still carry a torch for him even though he must be in his 70s now. shock

b4bunnies Sat 06-Apr-13 17:34:14

bagsie professor tariq ramadan.
and you can all keep your hands off.

Euphemia Sat 06-Apr-13 19:02:30

I'm married to a professor. smile

He was on Horizon a few years back and I got all hot under the collar seeing him on the telly. smile

I luvs geeks.

CommanderShepard Sat 06-Apr-13 19:05:14

My dad's a professor and knows Brian Cox. He is... less than complimentary - and my dad loves everyone sad

EllieArroway Sat 06-Apr-13 19:06:16

This is my geek of choice...I saw him first

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Apr-13 21:34:42

grin at getting all steamed up over Horizon, cool being married to a prof though.

Are you able to say why your Dad's not keen on prof cox Commander? Him having a sweaty handshake would be less of a let down than if he'd come over as the big I Am.

kennyp Sat 06-Apr-13 22:28:00

Big dave is all over channel five like a cheap suit at the moment. I am a huuuuuuuuge fan. pick me, prof

CommanderShepard Sat 06-Apr-13 23:10:30

Apparently he's so far up his own bottom that he is, I quote, "a human pretzel" sad

auldspinster Sat 06-Apr-13 23:28:52

I can believe that. Still would though.

auldspinster Sat 06-Apr-13 23:32:41

Oops, getting my Profs confused, I meant Wilson not Cox. I'd rather do the latter's big Dundonian namesake.

KurriKurri Sat 06-Apr-13 23:47:35

oh yes - he's nice, lovely voice and keen on serial killers - what more could you ask for? grin

I once had a proposal (the marriage kind) from someone called David Wilson, - alas not the David Wilson we are discussing, but I think you will agree that gives me some sort of high priority position on the 'being chosen by David Wilson' leader board.

I turned him down BTW, - (my David Wilson, not Professor David Wilson - he hasn't offered yet)

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Apr-13 23:48:13

"a human pretzel"

What a great turn of phrase your dad has grin

<nonchalant> I was only window shopping anyway...

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Apr-13 23:55:08

You've got a strong argument there Kurri, but the OP's borderline stalker and I'm not sure she wouldn't see committing murders as a legit way of getting to meet him grin

ItsallisnowaFeegle Mon 08-Apr-13 17:30:18

there is no borderline stalker, only fully fledged PDW garbage sniffer & will use techniques learned from Proff DW to stake my claim Not at all AgentZ, I'm all for fair game wink

KurriKurri Mon 08-Apr-13 17:43:45

In that case I will restate my 'got a proposal from a but not the David Wilson' claim to the lovely Professor grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now