Talk

Advanced search

My mother is that batty woman in the street!

(7 Posts)
mrsXsweet Thu 04-Apr-13 21:33:03

My mother loves to give advice. She is always cutting out 'helpful' articles from the paper about recent studies involving children and posting them to me. She also gives me advice for me to pass onto my friends.

Her current bugbears regarding my children are that my 3 month old ds needs baby rice, he doesn't (to be fair my mil and grandmother are also obsessed with this idea!) and that my 3 yr old dd who hasn't eaten in a week because she is ill needs minadex as it will give her an appetite ( the child is already taking antibiotics and regular calpol plus vitamins).

However, she rang me from her holiday today (to tell me what to buy mil for her birthday) and told me... Looking around a castle, there was a toddler crying and the parents didn't know why so she told them the child was cold and needed gloves! She later saw the child in its pushchair with the raincover on so took this to mean she was right and the child was cold.

I am so sorry if it was u that my mother insulted, she is unbelievable! She is only 55 so she is just going to get worse. sad

mrsXsweet Thu 04-Apr-13 21:34:11

Sorry meant to post this in chat!

Although am I being unreasonable that she drives me mad?!

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 04-Apr-13 21:35:42

Well, at least your mum is direct!
Mine would have stood behind the poor, gloveless child, commenting LOUDLY on his lack of gloves. She's probably condemn him to a life of painful chilblains and dry hands, and wonder (out loud), what other standards were slipping.

Yay.

Bearandcub Thu 04-Apr-13 21:37:31

Ha! It's my Dad we all cringe about here.

saadia Thu 04-Apr-13 21:41:26

oh dear....she doesn't really sound that bad...I have to say though that I am a strong believer in Minadex, (unfortunately it has been discontinued and there is a Minavex on the market).

mrsXsweet Thu 04-Apr-13 21:47:29

Glad it's not just me!
Saadia, I will let her know is minavex as good? The only reason I'm not following that advice at the moment is that it is enough of a battle to get the other medicine in her but if other (neutral) people think it is a good idea I will put on my armor and go to war..

MsAkimbo Thu 04-Apr-13 21:51:35

Sounds like my mother. Though my mother came with me to my dr's office with my DD, looked around at the other children in the waiting room, and "whispered", aren't you glad you had such a good mother?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now