Talk

Advanced search

To find it very irritating to have something I am sat on pulled free..

(23 Posts)
moonmanic Thu 04-Apr-13 19:00:25

I was sat on my sofa sitting unknowingly on my mum's cardi. Rather than asking for it, she just pulls it free.

AIBU to find this very irritating?

Id just pull it free too.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 04-Apr-13 19:01:57

"Something I am sitting on."

NOT "Something I am SAT on."

{frowny face}

However...YABU. People pull stuff free because they're justly annoyed that your arse is on their cardigan/newspaper/false teeth/used handkerchief.

TidyDancer Thu 04-Apr-13 19:06:44

Does it really matter? I can't say this is something I would give a second thought to.

PurplePidjin Thu 04-Apr-13 19:14:15

I would find it very irritating if someone sat on and creased my cardigan, tbh. Surely you should move the object first hmm

hellohellohihi Thu 04-Apr-13 19:15:21

I know what you mean, it changes things...

junkcollector Thu 04-Apr-13 19:17:08

Yanbu. My mum did something similar when I was gripping onto the back of a chair that her cardie was draped over during a contraction when in labour with DS2. She also tutted, which sent me right over the edge!

Shutupanddrive Thu 04-Apr-13 19:17:32

Meh

SunflowersSmile Thu 04-Apr-13 19:19:41

This reminds me of a memory I thought I had forgotten.
Age 14 sulkily doing Sunday lunch washing up, my mother launching cutlery into sink so I got splashed. Ooh the trembling silent fury of my indignation coming back to me.
Sympathies op!!!

LemonPeculiarJones Thu 04-Apr-13 19:22:43

Yeah it's a bit rude. She could have easily said, "Excuse me darling," while she pulled it out.

Although......you may have been a bit U in just plonking yourself down on it.

ChippyMinton Thu 04-Apr-13 19:24:13

How could you sit on a cardi unknowingly?

Salmotrutta Thu 04-Apr-13 19:26:06

Annoying, yes.

But not as annoying as people who throw things (like magazines, letters etc.) at you instead of getting up and handing them to you.

I'm looking at you MIL

ArtVandelay Thu 04-Apr-13 19:29:34

YABU- you should be looking before you sit down. I sat on a lego digger once, I shan't make that mistake again.

AnnaRack Thu 04-Apr-13 20:35:11

Am boggling at this. How could she just pull it free with a whole person's weight on it?Wouldn't it get torn or stretched out of shape? I certainly couldnt pull anything out from anyone older than about 6.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 04-Apr-13 20:56:58

Anna...people give a wordless tug don't they...and then the sitter, lifts a cheek.

moonmanic Thu 04-Apr-13 21:29:22

There was no wordless tug. No chance to lift a cheek. She just came from nowhere and pulled really hard on it, like someone pulling the table cloth off a set table really quickly leaving all the plates and cups in place. Perhaps she thought if she did it really quickly I would'nt notice. But I did angry

anonymosity Thu 04-Apr-13 21:32:29

at least it wasn't a small dog.

BrianButterfield Thu 04-Apr-13 21:34:38

No wordless tug? She's an animal.

ReturnOfEmeraldGreen Thu 04-Apr-13 21:37:29

If she reads the Daily Mail, sit on it and refuse to budge. The ink doesn't come off on your clothes but the filth comes off on your mind, so keep it squished down

Bartlebee Thu 04-Apr-13 21:41:29

This wouldn't annoy me too much.

But if the kids are playing with a ball and it hits me on the head when I am turned away.... Well, red mist doesn't do it justice.

I have no idea why this makes me feel momentarily murderous, but it does.

apostropheuse Thu 04-Apr-13 21:45:17

I have no sympathy for you OP, you shouldn't have sat down on top of the cardigan.

Your arse will recover - the cardigan may not.

PeppaFuckingPig Thu 04-Apr-13 21:46:10

Nothing to add except lolz @ Sunflowers.

PumpkinPositive Thu 04-Apr-13 21:47:17

Did you not just mutter/grunt/put the evil eye on her at the time like any normal person would do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now