Talk

Advanced search

To surmise that Josh Groban is culpable for my apparent hormone imbalance?

(18 Posts)
ShatnersBassoon Thu 04-Apr-13 12:40:15

My ovaries seem to be having some sort of second wind and getting themselves worked up, my mind is wandering a lot, I'm getting a bit tearful at easy listening music and I'm yearning for a passionate yet ultimately wholesome affair with him.

I've tried to resist it, but he's done something to me that I can't control confused. It all started when I saw him on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Now I'm toying with the idea of concert tickets.

Has anyone been similarly afflicted?

BertieBotts Thu 04-Apr-13 12:40:59

He's on my DP's "list"

confused

(DP is male, and straight.)

Chiggers Thu 04-Apr-13 12:43:43

Aye, he's a handsome lad wink

Chiggers Thu 04-Apr-13 12:45:34

Have you listened to his version of You Raise Me Up (originally performed by Westlife)? Tis rather good rendition. He is cute though.

DowntonTrout Thu 04-Apr-13 12:49:28

Oh my. Josh Groban. He's been my not so secret crush for a few years ever since he sang February Song on Loose Women.

He was all dark and brooding with a bit of stubble and he played the piano while he sang. It stopped me in my tracks and I thought "Who IS that man?"

His voice makes me shiver blush

ShatnersBassoon Thu 04-Apr-13 12:50:00

I've listened to everything he's done. It's not my cup of tea ordinarily but his voice is so lovely, and he's funny, charming and handsome...

Perhaps I should get tickets to see him so the spell will be broken by the reality of him.

angelos02 Thu 04-Apr-13 13:01:30

Totally agree OP. I saw him on Never Mind The Buzzcocks too and thought he was really entertaining, witty and v.attractive.

DowntonTrout Thu 04-Apr-13 13:02:17

He does seem a bit geeky (I follow him on Twitter/FB!)

But so lovely.

His voice just melts me and I'm not really into that sort of thing. He seems to have a middle aged lady fan base, a bit like Michael Ball used to, or the dreadful Daniel O Donnell.

But his tone is just beautiful.

cocolepew Thu 04-Apr-13 13:02:39

He was lovely, witty and handsome on Graham Norton too.

BertieBotts Thu 04-Apr-13 13:02:49

I can't see the attraction personally. He just comes across as smarmy. I do like his music though.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 04-Apr-13 13:05:41

He is a bit geeky, but that's quite attractive to me. I bet if I do go to his concert I'll bring the average age on my row down by a fair amount grin

DowntonTrout Thu 04-Apr-13 13:09:21

I have his album , Awake, on my iPod.

It is my chill out music. If I pop my headphones on it sends me into a trance and I am asleep in minutes. I hear every word though- I think I have hypnotised myself with it.!

jinxdragon Thu 04-Apr-13 13:16:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 04-Apr-13 13:21:33

jinxdragon I think you win. I'm just a bit giddy over him.

Chockyeggpants Thu 04-Apr-13 13:23:41

He comes over as a nice bloke with a GSH.
His music however is shite...
Sorry Grobanites....

Chockyeggpants Thu 04-Apr-13 13:27:07

Josh oh Josh
Your music might be tosh
But I'd still like you
To come in
My box....

jinxdragon Thu 04-Apr-13 13:48:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 04-Apr-13 13:49:30

Chocky, that's tantamount to blasphemy shock

You're right about his music though. It's so middle of the road, but his voice is beautiful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now