Talk

Advanced search

..to not care which villain Benedict Cumberbatch plays in the new Star Trek movie?

(43 Posts)
badbride Thu 04-Apr-13 11:06:26

So DH insists it's Garth of Izar, internet says either Khan or Gary Mitchell, blah blah blah

Frankly, I don't care, as long as he gets lots of screen time stalking around in black and growling perfectly enunciated lines in his gravelly baritone, mmmmm

Bring on 17th May, when I can spent 2hrs+ in the cinema vacillating between him and Zachary Quinto.

DH thinks IABU. Am I?? grin

badbride Thu 04-Apr-13 11:07:07

Any questions, check out the trailer: trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrekintodarkness/

He has a face for radio. Creepy predatory face!

EasilyBored Thu 04-Apr-13 11:10:15

Oh good lord, that's a film I will be going to see!

iZombie Thu 04-Apr-13 11:11:07

I hate star trek. I might just have to wait for the dvd and abuse the fast forward.

Yum!

badbride Thu 04-Apr-13 11:17:15

Mind what you say, SPs, you might get Cumberbitchslapped for saying things like that grin

Flobbadobs Thu 04-Apr-13 11:23:50

I don't think it's Gary Mitchell, the story doesn't fit...
<misses point of thread entirely and runs away again>

CSIJanner Thu 04-Apr-13 11:33:37

I don't care what character he plays - he's v easy on the eye and single!

However I am married. Married, but not dead therefore I can still appreciate fine acting <ahem>

pigletmania Thu 04-Apr-13 11:46:33

Ergh he's grim, looks creepy

badbride Thu 04-Apr-13 12:01:19

Agreed, Flobbadobs. My money is either on Garth of Izar, or a new villain. With a deliciously English accent smile

Admittedly, he can look a bit creepy in that trailer. But as CSIJanner points out, this is entirely down to his fine acting.

Mind you, Zachary Quinto does a fine spot of acting as Spock too. Externally cold and logical, but with hidden fires. Hidden fires! mmmmm

Meerkatwhiskers Thu 04-Apr-13 12:26:27

mmmmmm Chris Pine grin

Meerkatwhiskers Thu 04-Apr-13 12:27:14

ps don't give a monkeys about cumberbatch. my eyes will be firmly elsewhere lol

FairyJen Thu 04-Apr-13 12:28:41

I thought he was playing khan?

badbride Thu 04-Apr-13 13:00:48

You may sit next to me in in the cinema Meerkat, as I am not bothered about Chris Pine (am sure he's lovely, but I don't go for blondes). Our eyes can then ogle different targets without us having to fight each other first grin

He'd be an odd choice the play Khan, I reckon FairyJen, plus there are hints that the villain is a rogue Starfleet officer. The character's name has been "revealed" as being John Harrison, there is much speculation on the InterWeb about what this really means, see www.flicksandbits.com/2013/04/04/benedict-cumberbatch-speaks-on-star-trek-into-darkness-packing-on-muscle-to-play-john-harrison/43657/

FairyJen Thu 04-Apr-13 13:17:50

He would I agree. Still will neer ever be as good as original films IMO [trekky emoticon]

Meerkatwhiskers Thu 04-Apr-13 13:28:47

btw IMDB says he's playing John Harrison/Khan (rumoured)

My hubby is blonde lol. I don't usually go for blondes either though. And thanks for saving my seat wink

badbride Thu 04-Apr-13 15:36:53

You're welcome grin

Now, why does it take film companies so flipping long to make films? The last ST film came out in 2009, FGS. 'Twill be a long wait until May...

Allthingspretty Thu 04-Apr-13 17:14:59

Ooh i will gran my trekkie friend and go see this

Tee2072 Thu 04-Apr-13 17:20:46

He looks creepy and can only play one role; smart and evil or smart and not evil.

I'm a bit bored with him, actually.

And it takes so long because the special effects take, literally, years to complete.

He looks like the Predator.

Tee2072 Thu 04-Apr-13 17:26:30

grin SP

BruthasTortoise Thu 04-Apr-13 17:30:42

Keep your Cumberbatches and your Quintos going to ogle the beautiful Karl Urban. What a man...smile

He really does Tee. He looks like his face is going to part at the cheekbones at any moment. That's the only reason he is given acting parts. The fear of been eaten!

Tee2072 Thu 04-Apr-13 17:32:11

grin grin grin

BruthasTortoise Thu 04-Apr-13 17:33:19

Oh and he's definitely Khan! I think...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now