Talk

Advanced search

my tit should NOT be constantly sore!

(18 Posts)
trashcanjunkie Wed 03-Apr-13 23:09:30

dear god give me strength! I've had a sore boob for two months now. Sometimes it's less sore, and sometimes it feels like the lid of a sardine tin (like it's been rolled up too tight iyswim) the worst sore bit's just behind my nipple. I went to the doctors and had a boob check and dr had a good feel of the whole breast. She agreed it felt a bit iffy, but not in a 'worrying lump' kind of way - just inflamed. She told me to come back in a couple of weeks if it's still sore. I'm two weeks down the road, and it is still sore, but what on earth could it be? Going to make an appt tomorrow, but wondered if anyone else has had the same thing. Oh and it's hot as well! My dts are eight, btw so I'm not feeding or anything and haven't for ages.....

ImperialBlether Wed 03-Apr-13 23:12:13

I would definitely go back and ask for a second opinion. It could be nothing (let's hope) and it could be serious; ask to be referred to a breast clinic immediately.

ImperialBlether Wed 03-Apr-13 23:12:53

Is the skin the same colour as usual? Is there any pitting on the skin, like orange peel?

Runningblue Wed 03-Apr-13 23:13:07

Could it be mastitis? I know you've not fed for years, but my dd- now 18 weeks and certainlt too young to breastfeed a baby! had mastitis a few weeks ago...

hiddenhome Wed 03-Apr-13 23:19:32

Sounds like an infection if it's red and hot.

trashcanjunkie Wed 03-Apr-13 23:20:12

ah there are people still up! breast clinic you say imperial.... are they all over? I will insist. The skin seems fine, no pitting or anything, and it's mainly behind the nipple, in the tissue. Mastitis you reckon running? hmm. What did they do for dd? Poor little dude, hope she'd ok now

ImperialBlether Wed 03-Apr-13 23:23:00

You should be referred to a breast clinic - we have one attached to our local hospital and I assume others do.

That's good, that the skin seems fine.

I had mastitis when I was first breastfeeding and they were really hard and swollen and red. I'm not sure how common it is for women to have it other than when they're breastfeeding.

Runningblue Wed 03-Apr-13 23:25:42

It was very weird my tiny daughter having mastitis, not nice at all! We were given fluvoxicillin antibiotics which cleared it up in a week.
Behind her little nipple was inflamed, hot and red, then it actually developed a head (like a boil) and burst....

ImperialBlether Thu 04-Apr-13 18:55:24

Your poor daughter, Runningblue. Bad enough to have it as an adult, but a little baby has no idea what's going on. I hope she recovered quickly.

OP, how did you get on at the doctor's? Did she agree to refer you?

Runningblue Thu 04-Apr-13 22:18:56

Thanks, it was thankfully sorted by the antibiotics. Hope you get your painful boob sorted out trashcan x

Softlysoftly Thu 04-Apr-13 22:33:36

Get a referral take no chances

changeforthebetter Thu 04-Apr-13 22:53:55

I had mastitis while pg with my first baby, so yes, it is possible. Please get it checked out, just for relief and peace of mind brew

Fightlikeagirl Thu 04-Apr-13 22:58:33

Please insist on being referred to local breast clinic, don't take any chances. smile

trashcanjunkie Sat 13-Apr-13 02:20:31

hey guys, I got a referral for next thursday! will keep you updated

catgirl1976 Sat 13-Apr-13 06:40:38

Glad you are going back

I have just (this week) had a lump, biopsy and mammogram. All is fine but it was the scariest week of my life. You need to get it checked and it's great you are doing

It really does sound like mastitis or an infection though so try not to worry thanks

trashcanjunkie Sat 13-Apr-13 09:41:01

oh catgirl that's awful! poor you and your boob.

are you recovered?

catgirl1976 Sat 13-Apr-13 13:27:15

Fully recovered thank you thanks

trashcanjunkie Fri 19-Apr-13 15:35:46

hi ladies! just a quick update - been for a boob scan and had it giggled by tons of people, and the good news is my breasts are fine. Still bloody sore though. I'm going to invest in new bras and see if that helps.... can anyone link me to the bra intervention people....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now