Talk

Advanced search

Parking wars - Extremely annoyed

(13 Posts)
Buckfun Wed 03-Apr-13 18:05:20

DH just got in from rooting around in our garage. The woman living above our garage has confronted him asking if he has a problem with her. He said no why? Well you had a go at me for parking in front if your garage. Erm no we didn't, the lady in the sales office asked you to move so we could get in our garage. Well you didn't tell me that the space I've been parking in is someone else's- not really our position to. Well where am I supposed to park? Bloody hell she has two spaces of her own within 12 foot of her fooking front door but obviously not close enough for her! So AIBU for wanting to give her a piece of my mind for having a go at my gentle DH who wouldn't say boo to a goose??

SarahAndFuck Wed 03-Apr-13 18:08:46

I wouldn't have a go at her now, but I can see why you want to.

Wait and see where she parks in future.

Why does she live above your garage? Are you on one of those new-build estates if you still have a sales office? They build houses with bits that go over other people's property don't they?

newfavouritething Wed 03-Apr-13 18:09:47

Sorry, can't get beyond giggling at a woman living above your garage.

Buckfun Wed 03-Apr-13 18:13:05

She has an apartment over her own, mine and someone else's garage. The guy who's space she has been using has just moved in and asked us if it was our car in his space, we said no but told him who's it was. She even had a go at my DH for disclosing this information to the guy too. It is a new build.

Buckfun Wed 03-Apr-13 18:15:06

New - there is a block of 6 garages with two apartments over them IYSWIM😄

cozietoesie Wed 03-Apr-13 18:16:04

As you've all recently moved in, I suspect this is going to be the first of many interesting 'to think that you'll never guess what she did today' threads.

smile

Buckfun Wed 03-Apr-13 18:19:42

I will never understand people who know what is their own but seem to try it on by encroaching on other people's property.

EuroShaggleton Wed 03-Apr-13 18:24:01

The parking space should be allocated with the lease. Tell her to check her docs.

Buckfun Wed 03-Apr-13 18:27:02

Euro - it is allocated. And I am not even going to speak to her because if I do I will probably give her a few choice words. But apparently she's going into the sales office to have words. I mean For fucks sake you get what you pay for .

KatyTheCleaningLady Wed 03-Apr-13 18:30:46

Smile and pretend nothing has happened, and hope that this isn't just the beginning of a weird neighbour relationship.

Buckfun Wed 03-Apr-13 18:41:04

Katy- I don't really see her as the garages are in a block to the back of our houses. My next door neighbours seem to be very nice. I suppose I'm just a bit territorial of DH. I'm the only one who's allowed to have a go at him. smile

Inertia Wed 03-Apr-13 19:12:42

I would let the people in the sales office deal with this one - it's their job.

Buckfun Wed 03-Apr-13 19:32:56

Inertia- it would be nice if they did but I don't think they will as once we moved in they kind of washed their hands of us and only seem interested in the perspective buyers walking through the door.hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now