Talk

Advanced search

To sometimes want to be a feminism failure and get the men to do it?

(9 Posts)
KansasCityOctopus Wed 03-Apr-13 14:23:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MorrisZapp Wed 03-Apr-13 14:26:41

Oh Christ I would. Or rather, I'd hand it to my dad. He's retired and actively enjoys that stuff.

It's all very well fighting the good fight but I haven't the time or energy to try to enlighten stone age garage staff. They can stay sexist. Sorry.

LRDtheFeministDragon Wed 03-Apr-13 14:27:05

I'd say it's the patronizing twits at the garage who're the failures, not you!

TheSurgeonsMate Wed 03-Apr-13 14:36:54

God, I remember asking a garage who thought I was making a fuss about nothing, "OK, so if my father told you he could smell petrol, what would you think that problem was?" Answer - hole in petrol tank. And indeed, when my father took the car back the next day, that WAS what the f'ing problem was. Grr.

YABU, though. If DH can't really make the time, you'll end up with half baked solutions. Grr.

grimbletart Wed 03-Apr-13 15:40:55

Can understand you being pissed off OP and thinking I can't be arsed with all this grief.

I've felt like that too at times but I absolutely force myself to stand up to people with these patronising attitudes, to challenge it forcibly and on every occasion.

They cannot be allowed to get away with it.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Wed 03-Apr-13 16:21:27

They'll be rubbing their hands together thinking they're talking to 'Little Miss Knows Nothing About Cars' when in reality they haven't a clue who they're talking too and you know your stuff! grin

Can't blame you for wanting to hand it over to your DH though, sometimes dealing with other peoples shit attitude is soooo draining.

fedupofnamechanging Wed 03-Apr-13 16:25:32

Surely one of the main advantages to having a dh, is being able to make him do the stuff that you don't want to do.

fedupofnamechanging Wed 03-Apr-13 16:26:58

Or you could view it as you doing the groundwork for all the women they encounter in the future, by teaching them not to make assumptions based on gender.

CloudsAndTrees Wed 03-Apr-13 16:28:59

YANBU. There's no point barking when you have a dog, is there? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now