Talk

Advanced search

Please help.. Mum and nanny difference in opinion

(5 Posts)
nannyof3 Wed 03-Apr-13 07:56:13

Ok, im a nanny... Parent has told me today for lunch, to give her 10 month old baby, a annabel karmel beef pie that has been frozen, but the date is Feb 2009, she knows the date on it and says its fine..

Now i know shes the babies mum but this meal is over 4 years out of date.. Iv decided that im not going to give it to him but i know the mum isnt going to be happy...

Please tell me im right... and help me feel better by telling me ur opinions , and what im going to say to the mother tonight... thank you

yousankmybattleship Wed 03-Apr-13 08:00:24

Why does the Mum have to know? Can't you just say he had it but give him something else? I wouldn't give Annabel Karmel food to a baby whatever date it had on it!

StuntNun Wed 03-Apr-13 08:01:18

I would share your concern. If you feed it to the child against your better judgement and the child gets ill as a result, I don't think 'she told me to do it' would be much of a defence.

dexter73 Wed 03-Apr-13 08:01:27

Maybe tell her that when you cooked it, it smelt funny so seeing as it was 4 years out of date you decided to bin it and give her baby something else instead in case the pie made her ill.

NannyR Wed 03-Apr-13 08:02:00

I wouldn't give it. If the child falls ill as a result of something you feed him then you are responsible. Personally I would throw it away and tell mum that I wasn't happy to take the risk. It could only have cost £2 max anyway, it's not worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now