Talk

Advanced search

AIBover sensative?

(14 Posts)
OHforDUCKScake Tue 02-Apr-13 19:59:58

Ive got a toddler with every growing serious health problems, just split up with my DP and the relationship with my mum is at breaking point so Im feeling a little fraught.

The last thing I want is another damaged relationship but a text from my friend bothered me and I cant tell if its because Im having a veru shitty day or otherwise.

Supposed to be going to hers tomorrow, she lives about half an hour away. I figure we'd do what we always do and meet in the morning and I'll leave a bit before lunch so ds can have his late morning nap in the car on the way home.

I text to ask if 9.30am is ok.

Her reply was "Blimey! You dont hang about! Make it 10am and we have a deal."

My instant reaction was, hmm wtf? We always meet at that time. Why's she making me feel desperate and needy (Im far from it), and like she's doing me a huge favour by letting me come over and gracing us with time?

Please tell me I need to chill the fuck out and cut my friend some slack? Mountain and moll hill?

Im feeling very ragey at the moment, I dont want another relationship to be difficult so Id rather hear AIBU....

rainyspells Tue 02-Apr-13 20:01:57

Sorry but it does sound like you are being a bit oversensitive.....

Sounds like she's just replying in a jokey way (perhaps she had something to do first thing?)

scottishtablet Tue 02-Apr-13 20:02:58

Mountain out of a mole hill, yeah, but you're having a tough time, so completely understandable!

DiscoDonkey Tue 02-Apr-13 20:05:51

You are being over sensitive but it's easy to lose perspective when you are having a bad time of it. Please try not to read anything into your friends comment.

BreasticlesNTesticles Tue 02-Apr-13 20:09:30

Do you always meet at her house at that time? Maybe she was looking forward to a chilled breakfast or something?

Nothing to worry about though

OHforDUCKScake Tue 02-Apr-13 20:16:01

Yes we do meet at that time usually.

Glad to be told its a mountain from a mole hill, the reply made me feel like a desperate idiot but if thats my doing then thats something I need to deal with rather that anything else.

Ive really got to sort my stupid head out.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Tue 02-Apr-13 20:16:47

You are, I'm afraid. grin

She was clearly just playing! Thinking she was being jokey with a friend.

She was just saying that it's a bit early for her.

either that or you responded quickly? So perhaps she had just suggested that the two of you get together at some point and you texted back within seconds to suggest tomorrow morning. hence 'not hanging around'

And perhaps, with it being the easter hols, she wants to meet a bit later. You say it's the time you normally meet up - is that straight after the school run? Or am I on the wrong track?

Whatever the reason for her playful response, I bet my last rolo that's all it was and the other stuff that you're struggling with atm is making you feel a bit got at by everyone.

OHforDUCKScake Tue 02-Apr-13 20:27:21

No, I suggested the time over 24 hours after she suggested the day.

HollyBerryBush Tue 02-Apr-13 20:29:40

You are looking for offence where none is intended - it's half term, chill out a bit, routine goes to the wall in the holidays

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Tue 02-Apr-13 20:30:50

ah, ok, then it'll just be that it's 9:30am during the school holiday grin

honestly, don't worry about it. I am sure she wasn't being funny with you.

I do understand though, about analysing every word and feeling paranoid, but just try to keep telling yourself you're a good person and your friends actually do want to spend time with you!

x

OHforDUCKScake Tue 02-Apr-13 20:39:14

Im not normally like this, honestly!

SuzySheepSmellsNice Tue 02-Apr-13 20:41:00

Take a deep breath... I have been housebound for 3 weeks (had gallbladder out then fractured stupid fucking ankle) and have been quite down, so I don't blame you for feeling a bit sensitive. I ended up having a massive unnecessary row with my sister, it didn't make me feel better at all. Your friend probably didn't mean it like it sounded, remember the clocks have just gone forward too...
<hug>

Coconutty Tue 02-Apr-13 20:44:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DoJo Tue 02-Apr-13 22:05:01

Another one who can completely understand why you might be feeling sensitive, but think it's just a case of you projecting your insecurities onto the wording of the text - I would never have interpreted it as calling you needy, just that she wants to meet a bit later. Try and enjoy yourself tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now