Talk

Advanced search

to get annoyed at people telling me I should claim to be seperated from dh

(9 Posts)
mumofweeboys Tue 02-Apr-13 18:22:06

My dh works away and is home max 2 nights a week. The house and all bills are in my name as he is away so much/bit of rubbish credit rating in the past.

Im sick of people saying to me that I should declare myself seperated from my dh to get benefits.

Im sorry to me its wrong and why would I want to pretend my lovely dh isnt my dh anymore for some more money. Dont get me wrong, money is tight and we live frugally but a few extra quid isnt worth the lie and deception.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 02-Apr-13 18:23:18

Oh I had the same when DH worked abroad for a while. Ignore them the twits.

OhChristHasRisenFENTON Tue 02-Apr-13 18:24:21

Are these 'friends' who say this?

If so, get some new ones.

And don't lie.

noisytoys Tue 02-Apr-13 18:24:35

I think if he is only home 2 night a week you are living alone. That's not saying toy are separated, just you don't live together

AdmiralData Tue 02-Apr-13 18:24:55

My own mother tells me to do this and my husband lives with me!!! Argh. Ignore them smile

MrsBW Tue 02-Apr-13 18:31:12

Eh? My husband lived abroad for 2 years, coming home once every 4-6 weeks and I was never once advised to do this!!

Odd friends...

digerd Tue 02-Apr-13 18:31:26

Some people have no moral conscience. You have, be proud of yourself for being honest.

My brother and sil did this, he worked offshore a certain amount of weeks away then home a certain amount of weeks. They got reported and she got a criminal record.

TeWiSavesTheDay Tue 02-Apr-13 18:42:07

Who the hell are your friends?! What a bloody stupid suggestion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now