Advanced search

To think I have totally spooked myself!

(17 Posts)
Spookyville Tue 02-Apr-13 14:24:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WillowJoinInOurCrufae Tue 02-Apr-13 14:26:04

confused. What channels?

SoftKittyWarmKitty Tue 02-Apr-13 14:27:16

Solution: switch off the TV and to to bed at a decent hour. Problem sorted.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Tue 02-Apr-13 14:27:48

go to bed, that is

AgentZigzag Tue 02-Apr-13 14:28:10

Things always shit you up when it's late/early and you're 'waiting' to be shit up by watching it on a program.

Nothing bad's going to come to your house smile

Could the lack of sleep be making it worse? Are you able to make up for the kip you miss by sleeping later?

WestieMamma Tue 02-Apr-13 14:29:43

Haha. I did this when I first started reading horror books. The Fog by James Herbert was one of my first. Got up early for work one morning (6.00 am start) and it was thick fog out. I called in sick as I was too scared to go out in it. blush

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 02-Apr-13 14:32:03

I used to do the same OP....then I ran out of shows...I'd seen them ALL and there were no new ones!

Now I just read ghosty books.

JohnSnowsTie Tue 02-Apr-13 15:21:37

I want to know what channels these are now...

<will probably regret asking...>

SkinnybitchWannabe Tue 02-Apr-13 15:26:42

I know what you mean!
I can't walk past a transit van without leaving alot of space between me and it thanks to watching too many programmes like Criminal Minds and the CSI ones just incase theres a mass murderer inside!
Strange but true. blush

AgentZigzag Tue 02-Apr-13 15:27:14

I'm wondering whether the OP is suggesting only she can get these channels <woooo>

grin

Sugarice Tue 02-Apr-13 15:27:47

You're probably knackered too [4 am shock] which isn't helping and stopping you being rational.

Stop watching them and put on frothy dross like SATC and Glee! wink.

Zara1984 Tue 02-Apr-13 15:32:51

Noooo spooky shows before bed come to nothing good! Do not watch! Frothy silliness or a book. Otherwise you'll be too wired to sleep!

Spookyville Tue 02-Apr-13 16:29:36

Spookyville Tue 02-Apr-13 16:40:21

Spookyville Wed 03-Apr-13 02:08:55

RipleyIsMyHero Wed 03-Apr-13 02:51:09

I was flicking through and saw A Haunting but decided against it. I scare myself far too easily as it is.

Since I was a child i've had this half belief (I know it's daft that's why I don't really believe it, but you never know!) That if you think about ghosts, demons or paranormal oddities late at night in bed, then you're inviting them to show themselves.

I used to keep my eyes closed as soon as I got into bed just incase I opened them and saw something.

I've scared myself now sad

maddening Wed 03-Apr-13 07:02:19

When I was 35 weeks pg with a chest infection and spd and essentially living on the sofa with pg insomnia (it was a pants start to mat leave ) I watched all those crime channels - they are fascinating but I wish I hadn't as I have a vivid imagination. I really didn't need to see that - the minds of people that commit these crimes are so dark and malevolent - it can play on one's mind long afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now