Talk

Advanced search

to wonder what is the meanest thing you've done on AIBU

(15 Posts)
Arabesque Tue 02-Apr-13 14:15:54

I once slagged off someone who I thought was showing off and other people joined in and then the person came on and was really upset. I look back at myself now and think 'what a cow'.

LadyBeaEGGleEyes Tue 02-Apr-13 14:17:00

Nothing as far as I'm aware, though willing to be told I'm wrong.

tethersend Tue 02-Apr-13 14:18:04

This.

<sets thread on fire>

LadyBeagleEyes Tue 02-Apr-13 14:20:07

grin Tethersend.

Arabesque Tue 02-Apr-13 14:20:15

LadyBeagle Wasn't there a thread about you once stealing someone's 1000th post on a thread they'd started. Like, a whole thread just about you envy

AgentZigzag Tue 02-Apr-13 14:21:01

It's almost like you're looking for 'evidence' that MN is a nest of vipers who just come online to vent their bitterness, make themselves feel better by doing other people down.

YouTheCat Tue 02-Apr-13 14:21:56

Nope, not a thing.

There was a thread a lady started about being upset her mil took her daughter to a cemetery and there were teddy bears tied to the trees etc, the mil had explained that sometimes babies and children die and the op was really upset her daughters innocence had been lost.

I had a really hard day with my dc and they had been really upset about their brother and sister who died and I had been answering a lot of hard questions.

I made a really bitchy comment about her being lucky she had such a gentle introduction about death as my kids were thrown into the situation full force when their sister died, The op was really apologetic and utterly lovely and I realised it was my issue not hers and apologised, which she graciously accepted, but I really regret what I said. I was having a bad day and took it out on someone I shouldn't have sad

Spero Tue 02-Apr-13 14:36:49

Missymoo - I remember that - I don't think you were bitchy, I think it needed saying. Sometimes people just don't know how lucky they are and all this noodling about 'holding onto innocence' makes me sometimes very annoyed. The world can sometimes be a hard, cruel place and I think a good parent tries to introduce their children gently, not just keep them in an unrealistic bubble for ages.

Because, like you say, for a lot of us there is no 'gentle introduction'.

Snoopingforsoup Tue 02-Apr-13 14:48:17

I once told someone obsessing about daily calorie allowance to foxtrot Oscar and have a slice of cake! She was saying she thought the allowance was too generous for her - which was fair enough comment.
Pretty rubbish of me, but I was amongst happy pregnant ladies while I was waiting for a second scan to confirm a MMC and was just in a crabby mood! She wasn't to know that.
Sorry if you're reading!

MoonlightandRoses Tue 02-Apr-13 16:13:08

Well, YANBU to wonder but I have a clear conscience on this one (so far). It's the nice thing about the written, rather than spoken word when conversing - time to think rather than going off the deep end.

Thanks for saying so Spero as far as I remember what I said was true but the way I said it was unnecessary. It all got sorted in the end and there were apologies from both sides but I do feel I should have put my point across better.

Spero Tue 02-Apr-13 18:44:39

I don't think you should beat yourself up about being mean if you apologise and your apology is accepted - hopefully it got her thinking. That's the beauty of this kind of thing. I don't think you can ever be 'mean' if you are being honest - the 'mean' ones are just out to hurt for whatever pathetic reasons they have.

McNewPants2013 Tue 02-Apr-13 18:48:52

I suspect I have, and if I have in post and been pulled up on it I will apologise and leave the thread.

We are human and we all make mistakes

JamieandtheMagicTorch Tue 02-Apr-13 18:50:57

I once posted on the wrong thread. It was a thread about a small girl. I posted "'Tis Pity She's a Whore" shock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now