Talk

Advanced search

To not want to look at 6,000 photos of someone's sister's wedding

(11 Posts)
Arabesque Tue 02-Apr-13 12:10:29

A colleague has just brought in dozens and dozens of photographs that she has printed off of her sister's wedding. I said politely 'Oh can I have a look', meaning I'd like to see a few of the pictures, comment on how lovely the dress was etc. Twenty minutes later I was still standing there being shown photo after photo, some of them identical to each other, trying to think of an excuse to get away.
Someone else did this recently with baby photos. Reams and reams of the baby in the same outfit, looking exactly the same in most of them while I tried to think of 500 different ways to say 'oh, isn't he cute'.

If I'm showing photos around I pick a few of the best ones and don't bore people with the whole lot of them.

AIBU to think that unless its a close family member who's just as interested in the wedding/baby as you are, just hand around a few photos and put the rest away?

HesterShaw Tue 02-Apr-13 12:11:04

YA SO SO SO NBU.

That is all.

Arabesque Tue 02-Apr-13 12:34:29

You've obviously suffered too, Hester grin.

FryOneFatManic Tue 02-Apr-13 12:35:59

YANBU. People seem to forget that weddings are only of interest to most people for the food/booze/party (unless it's your own wedding of course grin).

Same for babies. Mine were great, but while I dutifully admire other people's babies, I don't find them that interesting and happily hand them back.

pigletmania Tue 02-Apr-13 12:37:17

Yanbu at all, I would rather stick pins in my eyes. Then tey show you pictures aunty and uncle, then cosin Elizabeth and so on.

Euphemia Tue 02-Apr-13 12:37:44

YANBU. Just look at a few, say thank-you and walk away.

It's taken me years to stop worrying about appearing rude to people who couldn't care less how bored I am. smile

shoppingbagsundereyes Tue 02-Apr-13 12:39:11

My best friend invited me and my new boyfriend over for a BBQ a few weeks after her wedding. After we had eaten we all had to sit and watch her entire wedding video while she and her mum sang along to the hymns. She had a strop when I tried to leave the room to go into the garden for a bit. Unsurprisingly the new boyf wasn't keen to see them again.

Longdistance Tue 02-Apr-13 12:39:34

Where I used to work, people used to take in photos of their new fridge freezer confused

outs self

Pandemoniaa Tue 02-Apr-13 12:43:11

YANBU. Makes your brain bleed. I have a friend who will never understand that having a look at her holiday pictures is fine. Getting a sodding travelogue accompanied by very many identical pictures of a not very exciting but of stone by the roadside in Albania is not. All made worse by the fact that she is obsessed with getting the maximum number of pictures out of a memory card so the bloody camera pictures quality is set to "piss-poor".

I think it is all the worse when it isn't even your own friend or colleague whose pictures are being shared so exhaustingly. Because there's a limit to just how interested you are ever going to be when you don't actually know the people in the photos.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 02-Apr-13 13:27:46

"Here we are by the pool" x 100? just say oh great what a lovely holiday and run for the hills.

Pity I can't follow my own advice, got tricked into watching a series of Our 10 Best Holidays, I think it's all the worse when you're on someone else's turf and unable to retaliate immediately <relives experience and sits shaking>.

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 02-Apr-13 13:43:48

hah

we had to see

Our Wedding Photos on the laptop
Our Wedding Photos projected onto the wall
Our Wedding Photos Album
Our Wedding Video
and received an Our Wedding with photoshopped snowflakes Christmas Card

All from one couple

FECK OFF

YANBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now