Talk

Advanced search

To start an argument with my dad over soap?

(4 Posts)
BabyRuSh Tue 02-Apr-13 11:54:06

My dad and I have issues whch i wont go into as that will be an essay by itself. But we are trying to get along and are civil to each other. 2 days ago he took 2yo ds out for the afternoon and after getting back volunteered to bath him. I told my dsis to tell him not to use soap to bathe ds (ds is an allergic sort and we only use soap sparingly, about once a week). He ignored my dsis and used soap. I was unaware of this.
Yesterday I noticed a rash on ds's creases and suspected he had used soap. I questioned him and he says my dsis didn't pass on the message. I questioned dsis and she said she told him, but he said ds would smell without soap and proceeded to ignore her. They are both coming for dinner today. Aibu to bring it up and start an argument if it transpires that my dsis version is correct and my dad chose to ignore my wishes, and then lied about it??

BabyRuSh Tue 02-Apr-13 11:54:52

Btw I was busy with 5mo dd which is why I didn't bath him myself

OHforDUCKScake Tue 02-Apr-13 11:58:24

Leave it. Dont let him bath him again because he'll probably not listen and make him sore.

Can I suggest something though? I have a very allergic toddler whos skin cannot stand an soap or washing powder of any kid.

So we use a wash by Naturally Cool kids, its soap free, barely any ingredients, designed by a mother of a very allergic child. She stripped back all the ingredients, and the few she did use are very very inoffensive. Unlike any soap or 'so-called sensitive baby washes.

ceebie Tue 02-Apr-13 11:58:39

YABU to turn it into an argument. Next time (if there is a next time), remind him yourself not to use soap - and nicely, not nagging - he is doing you a favour. Grandparents were brought up that you use soap to get clean. They didn't have allergies in them days. Can't you buy a soap-free wash?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now