Talk

Advanced search

AIBU? To want good customer service

(13 Posts)
ATJabberwocky Tue 02-Apr-13 09:36:58

I went into local city centre's Game store and bought 2pre-owned games. After a considerable delay from the assistant of finding the disks, I did eventually buy and was ready to leave. I decided to check the disks before leaving the store just incase. I checked mypurchases and found 1 of the disks was cracked and the other scratched to an un-playablestandard. (I know pre-owned won't be in pristine condition, however it was like someone had taken wire wool to the disk)

I asked for a refund, and the store assistant, James, was incredibly rude and obnoxious as i retuned the two faulty games. He repeatedly asked if i had brought pre-owned games before in a belittling manner, reminding me they wouldn't be in perfect condition he also kepy saying there was nothing wrong with the games and they were checked in-store (despite selling me a cracked disk!)

Overall he made every possbile protestation to not return me these faulty items, moaned about having to check with his manager if he could return it, returned them as slowly as humanly possible, and constant snide and belittling comments.

I know i managed to get my money back, which overall is the main point, but i was just so outraged at the store assistants behaviour, it makes me wonder, what would others do if this happened to them?

buggerama Tue 02-Apr-13 09:43:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Caitycat Tue 02-Apr-13 09:49:50

I don't think yabu, write to the manager explaining why you have written here and if you don't get an apology write to head office. Yes you could have checked but there is absolutely no need for such bad service - I wouldn't expect that even if you had been in the wrong.

GoSuckEggs Tue 02-Apr-13 09:50:42

Any particular reason why you felt the need to name him?

HollyBerryBush Tue 02-Apr-13 09:53:12

Unusual because they usually open the case in front of you.

OnwardBound Tue 02-Apr-13 10:17:36

YANBU.

perhaps you could have checked the discs before paying for them.

But really, in the interests of good customer relations, 'James' should have accepted your complaint in good grace and quietly and politely refunded you your money.

Perhaps he could have shown you on a working machine that the discs really were okay but if you still weren't happy a refund was in order.

The main reason consumers now go into a store to buy [rather than just purchasing online] is to get helpful informed customer service, not grumpy backchat.

SneezingwakestheJesus Tue 02-Apr-13 10:36:38

YANBU if that's exactly how it happened. He shouldn't have lectured you about buying preowned and should have just got on with it politely no matter how daft he personally thought it was. You should have asked to speak to his manager as soon as he started making comments and asked them to process the return.

Sparklingbrook Tue 02-Apr-13 10:39:15

YANBU GAME are crap. After my Christmas fiasco with them I no longer go to GAME.

notsofrownieface Tue 02-Apr-13 10:47:48

And you felt the need to come on here and name him? for that yabvu.

I think there are bits missing to this story tbh.

Sparklingbrook Tue 02-Apr-13 12:30:06

Mmm. Actually, despite my falling out with GAME, it would seem odd to open the boxes just as you are about to leave the store. confused

hmm something isn't quite ringing true here. Who checks the games just before leaving the store, you would do it at the checkout or at home.

Any chance that you are going to drop the city name further down the thread so we all know you think James who works in X store is a twat?

Sparklingbrook Tue 02-Apr-13 12:37:42

The staff in GAME are all fine, it's the management who need training. The ones that decide that empty boxes can remain on shelves even if the game is out of stock. confused

ATJabberwocky Thu 04-Apr-13 12:36:36

It occured to me that I hadn't looked at the disks when i bought them, so i thought i had better do this before leaving, it's not something i would normally do, i just happened to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now