Talk

Advanced search

more a wwyd? than aibu?

(8 Posts)
changenamer99 Mon 01-Apr-13 20:28:06

In the last few weeks several different important companies have got in touch via e-mail or text to say I need to give a forwarding address as my mail is being returned marked "return to sender" It's a gated community, but I share an entrance where the mail man drops the mail in and there are some strange neighbours here. They would have to be going into my mail, forcing the lock, but it is possible.
So, wwyd?

aldiwhore Mon 01-Apr-13 20:30:45

Has the lock been forced?
If you type in your postcode, does it throw up your actual address on google? (Our didn't).

aldiwhore Mon 01-Apr-13 20:31:11

Most importantly, are you sure it's not spam you're getting?

changenamer99 Mon 01-Apr-13 20:34:15

No definitely not spam, it's all major companies I deal with, e.g. bank, insurance, credit cards etc. It may have been forced, but looks fine.
Has anyone heard of this happening?

changenamer99 Mon 01-Apr-13 20:35:16

Address in Google and have lived here for years

moanymandy Mon 01-Apr-13 20:50:57

maybe the postman is putting your post in someone else's box?

alcibiades Mon 01-Apr-13 21:05:07

moanymandy raises a good point - it could be as simple as that, though any sensible person getting the wrong mail in their mailbox would simply re-post it in the right one.

Maybe contact at least one of those organisations to check that their emails/texts are genuine - but do it by phone rather than email or text, just in case. As it's a gated community, do you have a management team or caretaker who could check your mailbox for damage and maybe change the lock?

fuckwittery Mon 01-Apr-13 21:25:27

Talk to your postman sounds like they are putting regularly in the wrong letterbox.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: