Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EyePad Mon 01-Apr-13 18:37:51

which one was it? Not the wolf one or was that not a fool

kim147 Mon 01-Apr-13 18:44:39

StuntGirl Mon 01-Apr-13 18:49:23

Didn't think it was plausible for a second grin

TartinaTiara Mon 01-Apr-13 18:51:03

Oh god, it's the cake aunt wedding one isn't it? It got me, though I thought that someone called it fairly early on.

kim147 Mon 01-Apr-13 18:51:40

Rainbowinthesky Mon 01-Apr-13 18:52:07

I hate pretend threads. I waste enough of my life here without wasting it on things that are made up.

SatsukiKusukabe Mon 01-Apr-13 18:53:50

reckon even the "real" stuff is so over embellished as to count as pretend anyway rainbow

phantomnamechanger Mon 01-Apr-13 18:54:02

Rainbow, it's traditional innit though, april fools - its not the same as the usual time wasting trolls

phantomnamechanger Mon 01-Apr-13 18:55:08

Oh and Kim, let it keep rolling - its been said enough times that its a prank and they should read the whole bloomin thread before posting

kim147 Mon 01-Apr-13 18:56:49

KansasCityOctopus Mon 01-Apr-13 18:57:03

aldiwhore Mon 01-Apr-13 18:59:09

April Fools are only traditional amongst fools. Sorry I HATE them!! So pull it.

I just don't like fooling people, especially when on here, most threads could be considered pretty unlikely or a wind up... it encourages people to either suspect every thread and upset genuine posters, or makes a fool out of people, and I can do that perfectly well enough for myself.

YABU IABU meh.

phantomnamechanger Mon 01-Apr-13 19:00:34

no kansas - it's the one about latin becoming compulsory in schools

aldiwhore Mon 01-Apr-13 19:01:57

Also, Kim you're now the fool if following tradition as it's a long time past noon!! HA! grin Feel better now.

littlemissbunny Mon 01-Apr-13 19:04:05

Ahhhhhh let it keep going, it's an Internet forum for discussing things after all smile

MissAnnersley Mon 01-Apr-13 19:05:12

Keep it going. grin

CheCazzo Mon 01-Apr-13 19:06:50

I kind of agree with aldi. Maybe my SOH is due a going over? I don't know but I just don't 'get' it with fake/spoof threads. I especially don't get it when people compete to tell the OP how incredibly funny the thread is or was.

I really thought your thread was real though OP. And I thought it was a good idea. Should that be a grin or a blush?

juniper9 Mon 01-Apr-13 19:15:59

Having spent the weekend at the NASUWT conference in Bournemouth, there's nothing Gove could suggest that would surprise me.

Have you seen www.goveversusreality.com/

exoticfruits Mon 01-Apr-13 19:26:58

I would keep going- it just proves that people don't bother reading a thread before they post.

HollyBerryBush Mon 01-Apr-13 20:12:54

The April fool was you really kim - I just thought you'd picked up an old article I knew I'd read a while back.

www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/9683536/More-primary-schools-to-offer-Latin-and-ancient-Greek.html

article was dated nov 2012

All primary schools will be expected to teach foreign languages to pupils from 2014 as part of a major drive to boost education standards, it emerged.

At least one subject from a seven-strong shortlist – French, German, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin, Latin and ancient Greek – will be offered to seven- to 11-year-olds.

The move – outlined in a consultation document published by the Department for Education – could result in a major rise in the number of pupils studying the classical languages at a young age.

According to officials, Latin and ancient Greek were included to “give primary schools further options”, with claims that they can provide a good grounding in grammar, syntax and vocabulary which can boost pupils’ understanding of other modern languages.

aldiwhore Mon 01-Apr-13 20:17:46

CheCazzo I do hope your SOH is perfectly alright... mine must be due a service perhaps? But I've never found April Fools particularly funny (though I seem to laugh a fair bit at actual funny things) and always have the approach on forums of "It may not be real, but I'll approach it as thought it is" because lots of people who maybe jaded for good cause become cynical and I feel that does more harm than good.

Oh. Damn. It's too early for such seriousness.

I actually think April 1st is THE ONE DAY of the year I loathe comedy, because everyone thinks they're a fucking comedian. (No offence to you Kim I include close family and much loved friends in that statement).

kim147 Mon 01-Apr-13 20:22:08

DoJo Mon 01-Apr-13 20:41:23

Don't understand the self-congratulatory element of just lying and then acting like those who had no reason to disbelieve you are 'fools'. The MN one was kind of funny (isn't vajazzling always an entertaining concept?) but the idea that schools might do something that many of them already do isn't exactly targeting the gullible. I'm all for entertainment, but there should at least be the pretence of humour rather than just a pointless lie.

SarahStratton Mon 01-Apr-13 21:43:00

Good grief, there's some humourless people around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now