Talk

Advanced search

To think channel 4 are lying and should admit it ffs

(25 Posts)
motherhen1949 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:45:54

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2301952/Channel-Four-fakery-claim-TV-virgin-actor-sexual-relations-before.html

They been caught out and can clearly see this guy is a actor on the programme the voice over clearly states he is a engineer by profession so they lied they should just admit it a move on

motherhen1949 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:46:21

www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=44640

motherhen1949 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:47:44

And if they are lieing its bang out of order because one women was talking about being abused as a reason why she could not have sex and i think its not right

CocacolaMum Sun 31-Mar-13 22:48:48

All I know of this programme was that I changed channel to watch Gogglebox and some granny was going at it with some bloke. All I needed to see tbh

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sun 31-Mar-13 22:48:52

Doesn't surprise me.

That bloke they 'hypnotised' about the world ending was an actor.

These shows are just entertainment.

Well, they're not entertaining so much as a pile of crap, but still...

grin

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sun 31-Mar-13 22:49:52

X post with your last post. No, that's not right.

YouTheCat Sun 31-Mar-13 22:51:37

They are all actors.

There's some programme on CBBC that takes badly behaved kids and puts them in very strict conditions. Some kids from dd's school were on it and they were told how to behave - it was all made up.

motherhen1949 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:52:13

I jist think its really lazy telly even super scrimpers i recognised a guy that is always in the big brother audience doing the £50 challange its shit

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 31-Mar-13 22:53:29

If the IT engineer was actually acting (rather than also being a pt actor) that's a bit naughty, but it would mean that the woman who disclosed abuse might also be acting...

Starting to confused myself now.

And I didn't even see it.

motherhen1949 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:53:40

Even goggle box the family of three sisters i seen her on one dating show

ifancyashandy Sun 31-Mar-13 22:54:33

The man filmed may well have not consummated a relationship. He may well be both and 'Extra' and an engineer. He would have been checked out by lawyers prior to filming. The Daily Mail hate C4. It really isn't worth producers time 'lying' to viewers. They will have known this story was a potential but clearly the research / voice over script can stand up in court should it have to. These programmes cost many many thousands to make - get called on 'fakery' just ain't worth it. No-one ever sets out to purposely lie to viewers.

motherhen1949 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:55:47

OldLadyKnowsNothing very very lazy telly i mean i dont mind when its light hearted stuff but i dont like them getting people faking trauma from being abused just not right

motherhen1949 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:58:39

ifancyashandy like i said i starting to see a few lets say "familliar" faces on channel for going from show to show the techonolgy guy from super srimpers is a regualr on big brother and has tried to get on the main show a few times

The lady from google box has been on a dateing show so i very hmm to weather they simply have a bank of actors doing the rounds

ifancyashandy Sun 31-Mar-13 23:04:08

I am 'they' and no we don't have a bank of actors doing the rounds. The guy from Super Scrimpers may well have been in the audience for BB but no production company would spend thousands filming him for SS if his story wasn't genuine.

Sunnywithshowers Sun 31-Mar-13 23:05:24

They're definitely lying. He definitely weighed more than 10st.

If he was acting he was pretty good.

motherhen1949 Sun 31-Mar-13 23:11:22

grin

DoJo Mon 01-Apr-13 00:17:15

Being an actor doesn't mean he isn't a virgin.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Mon 01-Apr-13 11:05:52

But if they lied about his occupation, it makes you think that it's more likely that the whole thing was a fiction.

Really, it's better that they're all actors.

The alternative is, imo, far worse - often vulnerable people being exploited for the entertainment of the masses.

ifancyashandy Mon 01-Apr-13 13:58:30

we they are not allowed to wilfully lie. There are strict Compliance and OFCOM regulations. The fines are huge. And from a production company's point of view, lying is just not worth the knock on effect. If a company if found to have lied, no other broadcaster would commission from them again. No commissions means no work. It really really doesn't happen knowingly. He may well be both an engineer and an extra, as I said up thread.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Mon 01-Apr-13 14:08:34

ok, but come on. Failing to mention that he works - even part time as an actor is pretty damned tricky, you must admit!

Why did they not mention it?

lying by omission because if they mentioned he was in fact, an actor, people would know, feel, believe, suspect... that this was in some way scripted.

Please don't try to tell me that's not true. Cos I won't believe you! grin

ifancyashandy Mon 01-Apr-13 14:37:21

It's not lying by omission if the contributor didn't want it mentioned. Or he's done minuscule extra work. Or it was years ago whilst he was a student. Or the 'whistleblower' has an axe to grind.

Look, I didn't work on the programme so can't answer on the specifics involved but I stand by my previous comment, in 20 years of working in telly I've not - nor have I worked with anyone who has - knowingly tried to pull the wool over viewers eyes. I've never ever heard anyone sat "feck it, don't tell the truth - they'll never know!"! The exact opposite is in fact the case; "Did that happen, is that an edit, can we substantiate that, have the lawyers signed it off etc..."

Unbelievably, we want you to enjoy the programmes made! Be entertained! We don't want to shoot ourselves in the foot by knowingly deceiving. As an individual, one would never get employed again - regardless of what it'd do to a production company.

SneakyNinja Mon 01-Apr-13 14:57:01

Personally I don't really think it means anything. One thing does not automatically lead to another. I'm a T.V extra/actor but I definitely have an outside life as well! It's just that "they" (it's not some huge secret club by the way) have more of an opoortunity through visiting studios etc, to see the advertisements looking for people. Although I'm not really into that sort of thing myself, I know many extras who are extroverted enough to apply for these 'real life' shows. Im just guessing that actors are more likely to have the type of personality where they don't mind exposing their problems on television IYSWIM.

SneakyNinja Mon 01-Apr-13 15:01:19

And ofcourse their P/T extra work will not be mentioned as A. Every third person on these shows will probably be ' revealed' as an actor and B. Everyone will jump on it as they have now.

PrincessTeacake Mon 01-Apr-13 19:41:27

Whether or not he's lying, the honesty of the girl in the programme shouldn't be called into question. I know her personally (we have mutual friends) and she genuinely went looking for help.

expatinscotland Mon 01-Apr-13 19:42:38

Even as an actor, there's not one alive who'd shag him without money changing hands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now