Talk

Advanced search

to eat my DCs giant Easter egg

(14 Posts)
AnameIcouldnotthinkof Sun 31-Mar-13 21:44:47

I always think I am quite laid back when it comes to chocolate. The DCs are allowed chocolate for breakfast on Easter morning and Christmas morning and they have some on the weekend. They had about 5 Easter eggs each of family this morning and they will eat them in pieces.

Anyway we got to MIL's house for lunch and she has bought my DCs the biggest Easter chocolates I have ever seen. She bought my eldest a massive chocolate rabbit and my 3 DSs have giant eggs. The DCs were of course delighted, and I said thank you and so on.
My youngest is 2 and he isn't that bothered about chocolate anyway and it would of taken him months to finish the chocolate he had never mind a giant one. He won't notice if I eat it and he lost interest in it about 5 seconds later.

Surely it would be better for him if I eat it anyway and he won't notice it's gone. hoping you will all say go for it because I can't stop looking at it
grin

midastouch Sun 31-Mar-13 21:52:21

I say go for it smile you would be a terrible mother to allow him to eat all that chocolate at 2 years old. Enjoy!

AnameIcouldnotthinkof Sun 31-Mar-13 21:56:32

That's what I thought grin

fluffypillow Sun 31-Mar-13 21:56:53

Well, you'd be a terrible Mother to allow your 2 year old to eat all that chocolate, and you'd be a terrible Mother to steal your childs Easter egg confused

Sod it, I'd eat the chocolate

zwischenzug Sun 31-Mar-13 22:03:04

Yes just eat it, the worst thing you could do is let your 2 year old eat it all! What is it with grandparents buying copious amounts of chocolate for toddlers, some sort of "aren't I a lovely GP" bribe presumably. Very little of what my daughters GPs get her actually ends up being given to her...

edwardsmum11 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:42:24

Think about his teeth and eat it to protect him.

PoppyWearer Sun 31-Mar-13 22:47:52

Make the most of it before he can count how many eggs he has and check they are all still there <glares at 4yo DC1 and her stash of eggs>

birdofthenorth Sun 31-Mar-13 22:50:32

DH just nailed one of DD (2.7)'s eggs on the basis the kids had been given more chocolate than their body weights. I have had words because he nicked the Buttons one which are her favourite! But if your DC won't notice then I'd say go for it. You'd be doing their health a favour smile

littlemissbunny Sun 31-Mar-13 22:52:30

My 5 year old got a pen and wrote his name on his eggs grin like I would even consider eating them!!

AnameIcouldnotthinkof Sun 31-Mar-13 23:03:10

That settles it then
I shall have to save my DS from the chocolate smile

pigletmania Sun 31-Mar-13 23:36:05

My 14 month ds got 5 eggs I shall be helping him consume them [bgrin]

pigletmania Sun 31-Mar-13 23:36:40

Meant [bgrin]

pigletmania Sun 31-Mar-13 23:37:07

Oh I give up with Easter signs

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Mon 01-Apr-13 00:09:26

If DS has left it lying around, you will be teaching him a very important life lesson about women and chocolate. You will deserve his grateful thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now