Talk

Advanced search

Is DP BU here?

(24 Posts)
madonnawhore Sun 31-Mar-13 10:33:55

We've gone away for the weekend. I packed the bag for me and DSD, DP packed for himself.

Somehow I completely forgot to pack knickers for DSD. I remembered every other bloody thing except for that.

We only discovered this morning when DP was getting her dressed.

Now he's had to drive into the nearest town and buy more knickers. I offered to go but he declined.

He's gone off in a sulk and is being all moody and short with me.

Is he BU? Or AIBU for expecting him not to get stroppy about it?

DeepRedBetty Sun 31-Mar-13 10:36:18

Well... it's you that forgot to pack the knickers. But you've offered to do the replacing. He chose to go off on the Burning Martyr trip to town. So he's BU.

Branleuse Sun 31-Mar-13 10:36:35

???
everyone forgets stuff sometimes

nokidshere Sun 31-Mar-13 10:37:14

Yabu to think that he will get some. Isn't Easter Sunday the only day of the year when all the shops are closed?

VanitasVanitatum Sun 31-Mar-13 10:38:27

He is BU to sulk, definitely.

purrpurr Sun 31-Mar-13 10:40:09

What a big martyr pants he is. He offered and promptly sulked. Genius. I presume you were supposed to say, 'Oh no, thank you so much darling, you really are my knight in shining armour just for offering, of course you mustn't put yourself out, you are A Man, of course I will go. Oh, what's that? You need the car? Then of course, I shall walk the twenty miles. Oh, you would like my shoes? But darling, they will not fit - no, I did not mean to question you, oh I am so sorry. Please, have them. I shall be honoured to walk barefoot.'

Blah blah blah blah. Ignore, do not engage.

Cherriesarelovely Sun 31-Mar-13 10:41:29

Silly man! Sorry but he is BU. We all make the odd mistake. Hope he is succesful in his knicker mission!

StuntGirl Sun 31-Mar-13 10:43:14

Being annoyed at unexpectedly having to go out to the shops on your holiday perhaps, but I can't be doing with sulkers and huffers and puffers.

Allthingspretty Sun 31-Mar-13 10:43:43

You both have the same responsibility to make sure things you need are packed. Hes bu

seeker Sun 31-Mar-13 10:43:52

How much of a disaster would it have been for her to wear the same knickers two days running? Honestly?

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 31-Mar-13 10:44:21

Good luck if you are in England as all the big shops will be shut.

fatfingers Sun 31-Mar-13 10:45:34

So he's just looked after himself while you packed for everyone else and now he's in a mood because you forgot something? He should go out and fetch the knickers. He is BU.

Maybe next time, he should take more of an active part in organising things for trips away instead of leaving it all to you.

madonnawhore Sun 31-Mar-13 10:48:32

Thanks. I thought it wasn't very fair of him to get all huffy about it.

He can be a bit pfb about DSD. Putting her in the same knickers twice would be UNHEARD OF.

anothershittynickname Sun 31-Mar-13 10:49:27

He is a twat - be prepared for more twattish behaviour when he cannot find knickers because everywhere is shut!

Console yourself with the fact that YANBU!

Happy Easter

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 31-Mar-13 10:49:32

Oh and YANBU,

madonnawhore Sun 31-Mar-13 10:50:50

Fatfingers he would've packed for DSD himself but I just got to it first because I've been off this week. And also he takes ages to pack and always leaves it to the last minute. So I just did it.

I actually didn't pack for him on principle that I'm not his mum. He was put out that I packed me and DSD and not him. But I made him pack for himself.

auforfoulkesake Sun 31-Mar-13 10:51:15

turn the knickers inside out.
he is bu. btw.

Emilythornesbff Sun 31-Mar-13 10:57:52

Sulking is outrageously rude behaviour IMO.

Hopefully he'll get over it. But I can't imagine he'll have any knicker shopping success today.
Can't her knickers just be washed and dry overnight?

Knob!
Enjoy your HOLIHOBS!

yawningmonster Sun 31-Mar-13 11:58:12

Have just come back from holiday, on route we drove for about 1/2 an hour before I had a sinking feeling that when I had taken dd to toilet at a McD's I had left my purse on top of toilet roll dispenser. We rang, I had. DH turned car round and we added an hour to our trip to retrieve said purse...he said not one thing, not one moan, not one sulk, not one eye roll. Your dh is being U and mine well I just might keep mine another 20 years.

EostreChaoticResurrEggtion Sun 31-Mar-13 12:30:17

He is BU.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sun 31-Mar-13 12:36:35

Talk about a fuss about nothing. (him not you grin ). Gawd, everyone sometimes forgets something. It's really not a big deal.

Huffers, sulkers and mountain-out-of-molehillers piss me right off.

oldraver Sun 31-Mar-13 12:39:37

He is being a twonk being moody with you.

Good luck to him finding knickers on Easter Sunday...I can remember trundling all over Birmingham city centre trying to find somewhere open once

OxfordBags Sun 31-Mar-13 13:30:36

So it's actually his daughter, but you pack for her and he sulks about sorting her out some knickers as well? What a prize catch.

OxfordBags Sun 31-Mar-13 13:31:12

She's not it's sorry! Was going to type something else, forgive the error.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now