Talk

Advanced search

to be rather pleased about the clocks having gone forward?

(12 Posts)
sherazade Sun 31-Mar-13 07:17:26

I don't know how common this is (or if it's all in my head) but round about feb-march I start waking up really early as if anticipating that soon the clocks will go forward, and it's a miserable feeling to be routinely wide awake at 5am -6am when you don't need to be. So , although i've had the same amount of sleep it felt great to look at the time this morning and feel that ahh i've woken up at 7. It's obviously all psychological but I just feel better.
Am also looking forward to long sunny afternoons to. Anyone else feel the same ?

buggerama Sun 31-Mar-13 07:25:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Emilythornesbff Sun 31-Mar-13 07:27:49

YANBU smile

The light is great. And DS now sleeps until a more reasonable (albeit seasonally corrected) 7am. smile

ll31 Sun 31-Mar-13 07:58:20

completely agree!

ll31 Sun 31-Mar-13 07:58:39

completely agree!

purrpurr Sun 31-Mar-13 07:59:52

Yanbu, I'm just pleased to have a decent excuse to get out of bed. I wake really early these days and normally try to lie there until there's a civilised number on the alarm clock. Lonely and boring!

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sun 31-Mar-13 08:17:47

I was absolutely delighted, certainly made last night's night shift go quickly smile

FamiliesShareGerms Sun 31-Mar-13 08:25:37

The lighter mornings is soooo much nicer. And I think the law should be changed so that the clocks always go forward over the long Easter weekend, so much more civilised!

kungfupannda Sun 31-Mar-13 09:35:14

I'm very happy too. DS2 generally wakes around 6, sometimes earlier, with the occasional epic lie-in till about 7.30. Now he will be waking around 7 and occasionally lying in till 8.30.

[cheers and waves pompoms]

LivingInAPinkBauble Sun 31-Mar-13 09:46:19

Love it when it is light driving home after work, crossing fingers it won't be dark when I get up now (5:30) but I guess I can't have it both ways!

VitoCorleone Sun 31-Mar-13 09:54:14

I didnt even know the clocks had changed til i read this thread confused

milkand2sugars Sun 31-Mar-13 10:00:31

I had forgotten the clocks went forward until I saw this thread. I always check the time on my phone or tv and have just realised I don't actually own a clock or watch I need to change.

I do like the longer evenings even though its hard trying to explain to young dc's why they are going to bed when its still light outside!

All we need now is the sun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now