Talk

Advanced search

to wish EVERYONE would stop asking if I have had the baby!

(25 Posts)
StandardNetworkCharge Fri 29-Mar-13 23:20:27

Due tomorrow and already SICK TO DEATH of people asking if I have had the baby. angry Particularly as I might well be waiting for another 2 weeks. sad

FrancesHouseman Fri 29-Mar-13 23:22:13

With your next pregnancy add at least 2 weeks onto your official due date when you tell people.

If you've truly got The Arse, then you might be going into labour very soon.

WorraLiberty Fri 29-Mar-13 23:22:44

YABU but I'm sure you know that. It's frustrating isn't it?

I was 2 weeks late with DS1 and DS2 and I really just wanted to punch people in the face when they asked that question.

My answer was, "Yes ages ago" < pointing at bump > I've taken to smuggling bowling balls as a sideline".

AgentZigzag Fri 29-Mar-13 23:24:48

You'd be just as pissed off if nobody was fussed and never asked grin

They're caring about you, but you know that, it's always worse towards the end and you just want to be able to put the weight down for a few mins.

I had lots of people saying I should take advantage of the calm before the storm, but I preferred it when the DDs were out and I could get up from the setee without the effort it takes to pull a bus with your teeth grin

BeaWheesht Fri 29-Mar-13 23:26:13

I was very overdue twice. My brother rang to ask if I'd had the baby - as if I might not have mentioned it???

StandardNetworkCharge Fri 29-Mar-13 23:28:10

That's it AgentZigzag... I can hardly move, getting out of bed requires super human strength and as for resting, well if I could sleep for longer than an hour before I need to get up to pee... sigh.

I know on the grand scheme it's a short while but it honestly feels like each day a month!

babybythesea Fri 29-Mar-13 23:32:04

Feeling your pain - and I've got three weeks to go still.
Can't wait to move without needing the strength of superman just to get up.

A friend of mine who went overdue got so fed up with everyone asking if the baby was here yet that she re-recorded her answer machine message to "If you're ringing to ask about the baby, no it's not here so you can hang up now. If you want to talk about anything else, start talking and I'll pick up."

AgentZigzag Fri 29-Mar-13 23:32:52

I was 16 days overdue with DD1 - I was like the side of a house grin

Did you find out whether the baby is a boy or a girl? (if I can ask that without being intensely irritating asking another routine question you must be sick of grin)

anonymosity Fri 29-Mar-13 23:34:04

YANBU. Its really unhelpful, especially when you're almost due and probably quite ready to get the DC out.

Someone who lived in the same building actually asked me to my face " 'av you had it yet, then?" when I was still with enormous bump on my front....

And someone else (again, same pregnancy / building) said " when is THAT THING coming out then?" - I nearly poked him in the eye!

AgentZigzag Fri 29-Mar-13 23:37:18

Even worse than asking whether you've had the baby yet is people saying 'I thought you'd have popped by now you're so huge' hmm (Err, no, I've got another 10 weeks to go you cheeky fuck)

aldiwhore Fri 29-Mar-13 23:37:28

(At the risk of being all Monty Python) You are lucky! People were still asking me when DS1 was 4 months old!!! Wankers.

I was two weeks late with DS1 and it's SHIT. I was on time with DS2 (induced and with polyhydramnious) IT WAS SHITTER. Generally, anyone who fitted into the category of person was a dickhead fuckface prick.

YANBU on any level, even if you are, you are not. Hope it happens soon, hope it's pain free, at least not too bad, hope you call everyone who enquires a wanker, because it's the only time you may get away with it fully (get ringing those hated in laws) grin

Oh, and top tip, MAH YONG and online JIGSAWS... I did feck all else for about a month prior, not lazy, just working within actual realistic boundaries.

SatsukiKusukabe Fri 29-Mar-13 23:37:51

also went 16 days over due. At that point even I was wondering if I had had it yet and forgotten

aldiwhore Fri 29-Mar-13 23:38:10

agent 'people' were saying THAT when I was 20 weeks... bastards.

StandardNetworkCharge Fri 29-Mar-13 23:38:44

AgentZigzag - A Boy :D Can't wait!

Why do people feel the need to ask? Do people honestly think you will have a baby go into hiding and not tell anyone? Really?

DH has stopped asking since I told him I would kick him in the balls everytime he mentioned it. Maybe I should try that with everyone else? wink

SatsukiKusukabe Fri 29-Mar-13 23:54:15

dh is asking? confused

StandardNetworkCharge Fri 29-Mar-13 23:58:20

TMi Satsuki but he's been a nightmare since we finished antenatal classes. Constantly asking have you had a show? Is that a contraction? Is the baby coming yet? angry

AgentZigzag Fri 29-Mar-13 23:58:42

When he's not with the OP Satsuk?

JohnSnowsTie Sat 30-Mar-13 00:06:29

Adding at least 2 weeks to my next pregnancy because of this. What's most annoying IME is that it's usually the same two or three people who text every couple of days to ask. Surely they realise I'll let them know when there's news?

aldiwhore Sat 30-Mar-13 00:09:34

Aw now see I feel for your DH, he sounds simply lovely (and fucking annoying) he hasn't taken to examining your used loo roll yet has he for a hint of mucus?? He sounds just right actually... but YWNBU to tell him to fuck off every now and then.

ElliesWellies Sat 30-Mar-13 00:15:22

39+4. Feeling your pain. My mum keeps asking. I just say 'Yes mum, I have had the baby, I just didn't bother to tell you'.

Also feeling the rage at people asking how I am. They are clearly fishing for news. I realise they are being nice and I am being a bitch.

Best to go into hiding and let them build their hopes up?

TheDetective Sat 30-Mar-13 00:28:31

When you get to 20 days overdue, and your Facebook is going mental and your phone ringing off the hook, you may find yourself a little, erm, ratty. grin

I'd wake up to 20 notifications and 15 texts 'have you had that baby yet?' 'dear god please tell me you've had that baby' and 'just have the fucking baby already!'.

I referred them to this: haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

TheDetective Sat 30-Mar-13 00:30:40

God forbid if there was no instant reply! People who didn't even know each other would be chatting on my Facebook page speculating my whereabouts which was mostly napping ffs! until I replied with I WAS HAVING A SHIT. grin

AgentZigzag Sat 30-Mar-13 00:32:29

Bahahahaha at the brilliantly simple website TheD, love it grin

AgentZigzag Sat 30-Mar-13 00:33:36

And at the 'I WAS HAVING A SHIT' retort grin

tacoxx Sat 30-Mar-13 00:40:41

I'm due tomorrow too! Also getting loads of messages from friends and family asking me if anything's happened yet etc etc most days. At the moment I'm quite touched by all their concern and excitement but i can imagine it may start to grate on me if baby is much later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now