Talk

Advanced search

about daddy supervising the kids?

(9 Posts)
AngryAnderson Fri 29-Mar-13 16:11:53

My 3rd baby is due on Tuesday and my bump hurts so I am probably BVU. However, listened through the toilet wall as daddy got the 2 under 5 boys painting pictures in the kitchen. Sounded idyllic. Went in and one boy is happily painting thetable blue. Daddy is hanging the washing up in the corner with his back to them both shock he then complains when there are big blue paint stains on the chair covers. AIBU to think that you should supervise a messy activity, not just let small children get on with it by themselves?

crashdoll Fri 29-Mar-13 17:11:28

YANBU but YABU to call your children's father 'daddy'!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 29-Mar-13 17:12:28

what she said ^^ grin

spottyparrot Fri 29-Mar-13 17:13:17

Oh dear!
Painting needs constant supervision when the are toddlers.

WorraLiberty Fri 29-Mar-13 17:16:07

It depends on how far under 5 they are.

I would expect to be able to turn my back on a 3 or 4yr old without them painting the table...but younger than 3 - not really.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Fri 29-Mar-13 17:37:34

Yabu....I always turn away from my 5 year old when she paints. I don't give a flying crap if she paints the table though...if you care, then you need to prime DH to pop a plastic cover on the table before he looks after the boys...and let him alone.

Tee2072 Fri 29-Mar-13 17:39:47

You have two threads on this?

SneakyNinja Fri 29-Mar-13 17:41:48

Great name BTW OP grin

AngryAnderson Tue 02-Apr-13 16:06:15

Thank you, SneakyNinja, you too :-)

Tee2072, apologies, really cack-handed with my phone. Did ask mnhq to remove one

Thanks everyone for the advice, will be purchasing new tablecloth, did have one b4 and just not got round to replacing it but think its probably worth it :-) x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now