Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to wonder how many people will announce they are pregnant on Aprils Fool Day? And to not find it funny.

(40 Posts)
SawyerHuckleberry Fri 29-Mar-13 14:55:50

The old I'm pregnant April Fools day joke.

I just don't find it funny or think it's creative.

Aibu?

foxache Fri 29-Mar-13 14:57:57

I've never heard anyone do this. Wouldn't be very funny, no.

MirandaGoshawk Fri 29-Mar-13 14:58:03

YANBU.

Not funny.

MirandaGoshawk Fri 29-Mar-13 14:59:00

Someone on another thread is saying she might play this 'joke' on her DH on 1st April. Let's hope he finds it funny hmm

PrincessOfChina Fri 29-Mar-13 14:59:51

I've never heard of anyone doing that! What an odd thing to do.

LittleMachine Fri 29-Mar-13 15:00:22

I found out I was pregnant on April Fools Day.
It wouldn't be a funny trick.

OhDearieDearieMe Fri 29-Mar-13 15:03:21

Really? I'm like 300 years old and I never heard of anyone doing this. Do you mix with particularly dumb people?

noisytoys Fri 29-Mar-13 15:03:27

I got married on April fools day. Really I did grin

Kansas Fri 29-Mar-13 15:05:06

YANBU I've seen a few people do this. Baffles me tbh.

AThingInYourLife Fri 29-Mar-13 15:06:59

It might be funny if the person was 56.

BernadetteRostenkowskiWolowitz Fri 29-Mar-13 15:16:58

oh i cant wait to see what stunts people pull on fb.

trinity0097 Fri 29-Mar-13 16:34:15

I did this at work a few years ago, because my line manager was so scared I might get pregnant and leave him to run things (I basically did his job whilst he prepared for retirement). We told him in the staff room on the morning of April Fools, his reaction was wonderful, he tried so hard to be nice about whilst secretly shitting himself! Everyone else in the room knew it was a joke and we only kept it up for a few minutes! Great fun :-)

If someone at my workplace had been having problems with getting pregnant or had a traumatic pregnancy/death of a small child we certainly wouldn't have done it, but with the company we were with it was perfectly alright. I think you are being unreasonable.

nicelyneurotic Fri 29-Mar-13 16:45:25

I told my DM this on April 1 when I actually was pregnant. She thought I was joking. Hadn't occurred to me to joke about something like that, it's just not v funny is it?

PuppyMonkey Fri 29-Mar-13 16:48:56

My due date all through my last pregnancy was April Fool's Day. Every single bleeding appointment some midwife or doctor had a right old laugh about it.

She came on April 6 in the end.

I have never known anyone do April fool's pregnancy joke btw.

TeWiSavesTheDay Fri 29-Mar-13 16:50:20

Really? I have never witnessed this.

I came down with appendicitus during a job interview on April 1st!

EuroShaggleton Fri 29-Mar-13 16:54:31

I've never heard of this.

Viviennemary Fri 29-Mar-13 16:55:58

I've never ever heard of anybody doing that. They would have to be very silly and immature.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 29-Mar-13 17:14:48

Yeah I've seen this on FB. Hilarious hmm

iliketea Fri 29-Mar-13 17:31:38

We once did this at work, told a couple of colleagues that someone was pregnant - but the lady in question (who was in on the joke) was early 60s, a grandmother to 7 or 8 grandchildren, and way past the menopause. It was very very funny to see people's reactions (and trying to be polite while querying if said lady was still able to get pregnant) - maybe you had to be there.

ParadiseChick Fri 29-Mar-13 17:34:21

Did you get the job?

cazboldy Fri 29-Mar-13 17:34:39

i am on the oct ante-natal thread, and there was one or 2 planning on telling gp's on april 1st..... but it does seem strange if you were not pg confused

Bosgrove Fri 29-Mar-13 17:39:07

I gave birth to my DS five weeks early on the 1st April 8 years ago, it was a very short labour (4 hours) so no one knew what was happening, a few of our friends thought that it was an April fool joke when they received a text from DH saying we had a DS.

SneakyNinja Fri 29-Mar-13 17:39:24

YANBU it has been done to death!

If I was actually pregnant though, I may consider announcing it on April Fools Day. Not sure why really just seems quirky hmm

MummyPig24 Fri 29-Mar-13 18:13:44

Doesn't sound like a very funny joke!! My friend did get married on April fools day though.

BlackholesAndRevelations Fri 29-Mar-13 20:53:03

I've had friends who have older children, post their scan pics on April fools day to pretend they're pregnant again.... Bloody hilarious hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now