Talk

Advanced search

To think its not okay for dh to laugh at me

(126 Posts)
TrippingTheLifeFantastic Fri 29-Mar-13 03:19:36

So DH and I were messing around a little while ago and he made out that he was going to throw the cat at me. I was lying on the sofa and he was standing in front of me. I laughed and he threw the cat at me! I put my hand up and the cat has given me three long scratches on my palm.

I laughed initially because it didn't hurt right away. Within a minute or two it started bleeding and really hurt. I told DH it really hurt and he kept laughing. I got pissed off and he told me I was being a drama queen and got pissed off at me!

I know I laughed right after he did it, but AIBU to be pissed that he kept laughing at me even after I said it hurt?

Pagwatch Fri 29-Mar-13 03:27:22

He threw a cat at you. He's an idiot.

MrsMangoBiscuit Fri 29-Mar-13 03:28:04

I'd have been pissed the moment he threw the cat! Poor cat! And what if you hadn't put your hand up, would he still have been laughing if the cat had got your face? Or your eye? For DH and I, that wouldn't have been an acceptable joke. We mess about, but if one of us accidentally hurts the other, however minor, the laughing stops and we're just concerned and apologetic.

Maybe he felt guilty and awkward after he realised it was a bad idea, and didn't know how to come back from laughing at you? Or maybe he's a jerk! grin

TrippingTheLifeFantastic Fri 29-Mar-13 03:32:08

I'd like to think you're right Mango and that he was just feeling stupid, but I think Pagwatch is probably right.

And just to be clear, the cat is 100% fine.

MrsMangoBiscuit Fri 29-Mar-13 03:38:56

Personally I agree with Pagwatch's summary, just trying to play devil's advocate.

Finola1step Fri 29-Mar-13 04:14:09

Poor cat!

lottiegarbanzo Fri 29-Mar-13 04:25:40

Not acceptable to through a clawed, panicking creature at someone's face, more than the laughing. Does he generally have difficulty admitting when he's wrong?

Morloth Fri 29-Mar-13 04:28:38

WTF?!

Stupid, cruel and yes idiotic.

Once again I am gobsmacked by the things people on MN put up with from their partners.

HildaOgden Fri 29-Mar-13 04:42:29

To be honest,I'd be more concerned about the poor cat than I would be about either of the humans who laughed at it being thrown.

Cop onto yourselves,the pair of you.

notimefors Fri 29-Mar-13 04:48:46

Why would anyone throw a cat? It is a living creature.

HintofBream Fri 29-Mar-13 04:55:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

OneLieIn Fri 29-Mar-13 05:25:23

What a wanker

INeedThatForkOff Fri 29-Mar-13 06:10:25

Ffs, what is it with calling posters 'vile' on here? I don't think it any less rude than calling someone a twat.

ChristmasJubilee Fri 29-Mar-13 06:21:44

It was fine to throw the cat before it hurt you. You both laughed. Grow up the pair of you.

ScentedNappyHag Fri 29-Mar-13 06:27:16

... He threw a cat at you. Had you both been drinking? How on Earth did that come about?

AllOverIt Fri 29-Mar-13 06:46:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

CSIJanner Fri 29-Mar-13 06:49:47

If your cat is anything like my old cat, he would have left a large smelly shit in your slippers and pissed all over your open underwear drawer for pulling that stunt.

SmiteYouWithThunderbolts Fri 29-Mar-13 07:31:43

Poor cat! shock

pinkyredrose Fri 29-Mar-13 07:33:38

Poor cat. You both sound like immature idiots.

zwischenzug Fri 29-Mar-13 07:42:52

I wonder if OP has any babies around the house to use in these play fights.

TobyLerone Fri 29-Mar-13 07:50:43

Either I've got the worst ever case of deja vu, or this exact thread has been posted before.

Also, you both need to grow up.

atosilis Fri 29-Mar-13 07:52:16

Zwischenzug - :-)

OP, you actually had no problem with a cat being thrown. You laughed. :-(

TobyLerone Fri 29-Mar-13 07:56:21

I hate cats and even I can see how that is a dick move.

BruisedFanjo Fri 29-Mar-13 09:14:35

Someone did this to me once. Not only was the poor kitty upset, but it got me in the eye as well. Not sure how its meant to be funny, at all? Even before it started hurting, you should have been pissed off at him for being a prick.

Not sure why you're annoyed/surprised he doesn't care you're hurt either? He is the sort of guy who likes to thrown cats at people, after all.

Feminine Fri 29-Mar-13 09:30:02

confused

Its a silly question really isn't it?

He should have stopped laughing I guess?

This is like one of those 'you have to be there' jokes.

It converts really strangely in to an AIBU smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now