Talk

Advanced search

could not sign on

(8 Posts)
momma39 Thu 28-Mar-13 21:15:29

i was supposed to sign on last week, but fell in the snow and could not get there.I informed them and they sent me a letter to sign etc but i have not received my job seekers, does anyone know why not and will i get it back and if so when, the office were very unhelpful and actually rather rude.
i spent hours on computer looking for jobs as usual so fullfilled that part just could not get in to sign on, after the weather we had i cant be the only one.

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 28-Mar-13 21:22:18

did you sign and return the letter they sent you?

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 28-Mar-13 21:24:38

You have to sign the letter and send it back. I'd also send a copy of your medical evidence with it, because they are very strict about missed signings and it'll prevent delays.

Once they've processed the reason and accepted or denied it, it'll take a week or so for the money to be paid unless they put it through as an urgent payment.

momma39 Thu 28-Mar-13 21:31:05

i sent the letter back the next day, but in meantime what do i do about money
i got a sick note but the letter said they dont need that but got one just in case.
i could not have got to sign on was in so much pain.

AgentZigzag Thu 28-Mar-13 21:38:22

You'll just have to play the waiting game hmm

They'll get back to you whenever and there's no point in trying to get a straight answer from them.

Sounds like things haven't changed and they still like to make you feel like the scum of the earth.

Law unto themselves.

Have you got any other resources you can draw on? People you can borrow from, food in the cupboards?

momma39 Thu 28-Mar-13 21:48:12

my daughters have said they will help lol taking me out sat shopping and pub for dinner.
but the dhss do make you feel like scum dont they i have worked for 38 years and in all that time never claimed for anything I have always worked and sent 3 daughters to university and they have never claimed, its pardon the french but its shit really.

AgentZigzag Thu 28-Mar-13 21:54:53

Calling it the 'DHSS' gives away how old you are, I think it's the DWP now isn't it? I still think of it as the DHSS though grin grin

Good that your DDs are taking you out.

There are a few jobs where the workers seem to presume you're going to be awkward and so are shitty with you from the off, I've found the same talking to people at the council tax, and in some medical type places.

You can't really hold it against them too much, it's a way of protecting themselves and still being able to do the job I suppose.

momma39 Thu 28-Mar-13 22:05:25

lol yes i am oldish lol
aw bless my daughters have just landed in my house and brought a few bottles of wine and some cigarettes.
put money on gas and electric and a huge pizza.
yes i understand the protecting thing really but manners dont cost anything do they.
oh had a lovely woman at our council tax place and water place they sorted me out straightaway no problem i left knowing they listened and have helped left feedback saying they were brilliant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now