Talk

Advanced search

To have bought a copy of The Singing Ringing Tree

(15 Posts)
Housewife2010 Thu 28-Mar-13 17:07:43

and be really looking forward to showing it to my 5 yr old DD!

twigsinajug Thu 28-Mar-13 17:41:55

Oh I loved that so much. Where did you get it from?

oldraver Thu 28-Mar-13 17:48:57

My OH whittles on about this so much and has shown me YouTube clips I always tell him it was before my time. I reckon I should get a copy for him.

I thought it a bit spooky though

ThreeBeeOneGee Thu 28-Mar-13 17:50:11

I have only ever seen the comedy sketch that was a spoof of this. It might have been on The Fast Show?

AnnaRack Thu 28-Mar-13 17:52:58

The princess is a spoilt brat!

SugariceisaGoodEgg Thu 28-Mar-13 17:54:06

Didn't you think it a bit creepy, I did!

disclaimer: I am a mahoosive Wuss, always was and still am < blame this show grin>

FriedSprout Thu 28-Mar-13 17:56:25

Veeeeeery creepy, glad it won't be me getting up to soothe nightmares tonight grin

fluffyraggies Thu 28-Mar-13 18:19:24

OMG OMG The singing Ringing Tree!

Only seen it once and Lord knows how old i was when i saw it - about 6???? But my parents have never forgotten how terrified of it i was.

Was there a bear in it?

<i was always terrified of bears as a kid>

lolaflores Thu 28-Mar-13 18:21:57

where did you get it? I have been trying and trying but no luck. not even found youtube links.....
not sure if I want to watch it. the sinsiter elf thingy. I think I was about 6 when I watched it first. The maddest thing I had ever seen, even madder than Dr. Who.

TomArchersSausage Thu 28-Mar-13 18:27:11

Oh my goodness I can still break into a cold sweat at the memory of that programme. I thought it was very veeery strange.

The Fish..! And that bear..! Well all of it really. It's the stuff of nightmares I tell you!

marjproops Thu 28-Mar-13 18:47:06

WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM??????

RubixCube Thu 28-Mar-13 19:06:36

Amazon sell it.I've not heard of it before but it does look creepy grin

Salmotrutta Thu 28-Mar-13 19:23:42

<hides behind sofa>

Everyone I know from my generation was totally creeped out by The Singing Ringing Tree!

Please don't creep your daughter out shock

IndridCold Thu 28-Mar-13 19:41:56

YADNBU, I have it too! It was definitely the most scary memorable of TV programmes fom my childhood along with Robinson Crusoe (have the DVD of that as well blush.

Housewife2010 Sat 30-Mar-13 22:43:19

Hello, Sorry I haven't been on for a couple of days. I bought a new copy from Ebay this week for £5. We all watched it last night. My 5 year old & 3 year old were transfixed. My husband liked it too. They love Dr Who so I knew they wouldn't be scared. It was nice & colourful & a refreshing change from current children's films. There was an interview with the actress who played the princess on the dvd too. My 3 year old DS loves Snow White so he liked the dwarf best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now