Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have my baby when I have my baby? (Lighthearted!)

(11 Posts)
GeoffVader Thu 28-Mar-13 16:08:48

DP's Mum and Dad and some close friends of theirs are going on holiday and are leaving 2 days after my EDD. Am in no way fussed whatsoever, just amused that one of the friends has told me I'd better have baby before x date or I'll have to wait till after y date. hmm No control over that I am afraid. She was probably taking the piss but you can't pencil giving birth in, I wish! Although I am now thinking about aiming for the middle of that week. grin

EuroShaggleton Thu 28-Mar-13 16:12:11

I think it's just one of those things people say to fill the silence.

ruledbyheart Thu 28-Mar-13 16:13:09

Could be worse, least if they are away you get to spend some proper bonding time together before they all descend.

My PIL found out my due date and booked to go away that weekend on purpose hmm think they thought it would upset me but I couldn't be happier grin

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 28-Mar-13 16:15:40

Totally U of them to book a holiday for your EDD. wink good luck with getting the middle of the week. If you use a biro will it be more definate than penciling it in?

LoganMummy Thu 28-Mar-13 16:16:13

I love when people say things like this.

A colleague at work (who I don't even know that well) on discovering I was pregnant said "oh, I didn't even know you were trying". Maybe that's because it's not something I tended to tell strangers.

differentkindofpenguin Thu 28-Mar-13 16:17:44

Totally unreasonable! smile my sister was visiting from 24th to 27th of December, so was under strict instructions to go before then as next time she could visit would have been April.

More importantly, husband had a poker game on the 28th so I was not to be be in labour/ newly delivered on that day. Baby was due on 2nd of jan

I had her on the 23rd just to keep everyone happy, because I'm considerate like that smile so if I can, so can you :p

GeoffVader Thu 28-Mar-13 16:24:14

I'm flitting between being normal and not being bothered when their holiday is booked to very brief 'how dare they' moments grin. Nah I am kidding! I'll get the bus home if I have to, DP's sister has already offered to look after dd whenever I go into labour anyway so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter grin

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 28-Mar-13 16:29:49

Laugh at them and tell then you lied about your due date and it is in fact ...[insert random date] ... So it doesn't matter when their holiday is. Then change the date every time they ask for clarification.

Fwiw I've only told people a month rather than a date. So unless pils go away for a whole month there's no way they can wriggle out of visiting by daring to book a holiday.

ChoudeBruxelles Thu 28-Mar-13 16:33:14

Mil booked to go on holiday 8 days after my edd. Ds was 5 days late and she was getting tetchy that he was overdue and I needed to hurry up and have him.

She's very odd though

monsterchild Thu 28-Mar-13 16:40:38

YABVU! How will the ILs win the race to be first to the baby if you selfishly give birth when they are away?!? wink

By the same token your DPs must be very happy they will see new baby first!

issypiggle Thu 28-Mar-13 16:45:24

my family had a wedding 8 days before my edd, i was told to cross my legs lol

unfortunately i ended up going into hospital early, and missed the wedding.

that'll teach 'em

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now