Talk

Advanced search

To wonder what the qualifying criteria for

(11 Posts)
Kremeykrisp Thu 28-Mar-13 15:13:37

Healthy start vouchers is?? Hubby has just been demoted and now earns under 16,000. I am a stay at home mum so thought we would qualify as we get ctc. I have rang the helpline twice and got the same person twice to be told we don't... But do we? Thanks in advance.

ohiohello Thu 28-Mar-13 15:16:35

YANBU to wonder.

YABU to expect, or trust, MNers in an Am I Being Unreasonable forum to provide you with accurate information (when the helpline have already confirmed to you, twice, that you don't).

If you think their information is inaccurate, AIBU is not the most efficient place to dig deeper for help.

Kremeykrisp Thu 28-Mar-13 15:17:19

But I don't know who else to ask...

PearlyWhites Thu 28-Mar-13 15:17:57

If you do NOT get working tax credit and you earn less than 16190 or are on income support/ JSA you qualify

ohiohello Thu 28-Mar-13 15:19:06

www.healthystart.nhs.uk/healthy-start-vouchers/do-i-qualify/

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 28-Mar-13 15:20:07

The website says that you need to be at least 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under four, and:

Get income support/income-based JSA/income-based ESA

Or get CTC but not WTC, and earn £16,190.

Or if you are under 18 and pregnant, you qualify anyway.

So do you get WTC?

www.healthystart.nhs.uk/healthy-start-vouchers/do-i-qualify/

Kremeykrisp Thu 28-Mar-13 15:20:34

The lady on the phone said we had to receive an out of work benefit?

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 28-Mar-13 15:23:07

Do you get WTC?

It seems in your case, that is the vital piece of information.

Birdsgottafly Thu 28-Mar-13 15:25:24

If you can apply on-line, do so, or just ask for an application form. You don't need to be on an out of work benefit, just on a low income and CTC is a qualifying benefit. It has taken me numerous phone calls to get teen Mums the vouchers, those who answer the phone, don't seem to know the full criteria.

Kremeykrisp Thu 28-Mar-13 15:36:48

Nope we don't get wtc. The lady said that ctc and child benefit count as income.

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 28-Mar-13 15:41:40

Ah, I understand her now.

You'd need to earn under £16,190 in total. So if your CTC and child benefit mean you earn more than that, you aren't eligible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now