Talk

Advanced search

to expect those who make washing baskets...

(10 Posts)
Bea Thu 28-Mar-13 14:33:59

to not make them only slightly narrower than the width of an average door!...

argghhh! My knuckles!

however IABU for doing housework! grin

TheBigJessie Thu 28-Mar-13 14:35:58

Thing is, if it's narrow enough to fit through a door easily, it's too small to work as a dalek costume for a small child.

Think of the children!

Bea Thu 28-Mar-13 14:44:37

Ahhh! So right! I apologise! Forgive me!!
The children MUST come first!...

I must remember to endure the pain for the sake of the happiness of my children... their satisfaction at making a boat out of my basket and bending it all out of shape must override the need for clean washing!

I am chastised and hang my head in shame!

TheBigJessie Thu 28-Mar-13 14:46:07

Don't forget the "Look, me robot, mummy" performance! Washing basket essential for convincing RADA-worthy performance.

Bea Thu 28-Mar-13 15:01:14

grin

NotAnotherPackedLunch Thu 28-Mar-13 15:03:44

If it's too narrow then it can't be used for sledging down the stairs.
I'd never get my arse in anything narrower.

Costypop Thu 28-Mar-13 15:04:11

Can I join in! To get the people who make trugs (big coloured buckets)to make them strong enough that once they have washing the handles don't snap off when carrying it ton put the washing on the line. Back in the machine it goes sad

bedmonster Thu 28-Mar-13 15:31:06

I just bought the DDs a crappy pop up type one for their bedroom, and it has a zip up lid. DD1 had zipped DD2 into it last night, I got a huge shock when I went to get their washing out! (it is made of netting, and they knew I was coming and played a trick - they don't usually torture each other)

Sunshinewithshowers Thu 28-Mar-13 20:34:35

Don't you go in/out longways with it? I think you should grin

Bingdweller Thu 28-Mar-13 20:39:44

YANBU. I hate the razor sharp "holes" in the side. Not only do you batter your knuckles going through doors, but you almost slice a digit off if you catch your finger by mistake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now