Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you would do now?

(19 Posts)
GadaboutTheGreat Wed 27-Mar-13 23:11:59

Would you bring the baby into your bed under these circumstances?

My 10mo DS has probably caught whatever DD had last week. She was sick only twice in 5 days but her nappies...oh dear lord confused

I just bf DS and was watching him settle back down in his cot, when I realised he'd done a gigantic, reeking, sheet-ruining poo (tmi sorry).
He's now asleep in my arms, but I'm not sure whether to leave him in his cot & hope I hear any further 'explosions' on the monitor (my hearing isn't good), or whether to bring him into my bed (where I probably won't get much sleep).

Wwyd?

olivertheoctopus Wed 27-Mar-13 23:19:09

I wouldn't bring him into bed because then your bed will get covered in poo too! Could you put up a travel cot next to your bed so even if you don't hear the poosplosion you might smell it?

GadaboutTheGreat Wed 27-Mar-13 23:21:56

Don't think there's room for the travel cot sad
Maybe I could put a stack of towels on the bed under him, just in case!

HappyAsASandboy Wed 27-Mar-13 23:24:21

I would bring him into bed, but only because I like sleeping next to my babies grin

If he's feeling poorly he'll probably sleep better with you, and you'd notice any .... expulsions .... more quickly grin

I hope the night passes uneventfully for you!

foxache Wed 27-Mar-13 23:29:55

Yes like you said, in bed with you with some protection like towels. It's nice for you both when you're together. I hope he's ok soon - I feel for you with two in nappies as well, good luck OP.

Icelollycraving Wed 27-Mar-13 23:30:03

If you can settle him in the cot,pop him back. You don't want to have to do your bedding,would take much longer than a cot!

Filofax Wed 27-Mar-13 23:30:43

I would probably let him sleep in his own bed, padded underneath maybe with a towel and set my phone alarm to wake me to check on him through the night. Directly answering WWYD - this is just what I would do.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Wed 27-Mar-13 23:35:11

I would put the gorgeous but poorly little thing in bed with me. I'd put several towels underneath him though grin. Having mummy close will cheer him up.

GadaboutTheGreat Wed 27-Mar-13 23:35:41

Hmm mixed responses grin

He's in his cot now. The little sod angel still wakes about 3 times a night for a bf so I'll check on him in a few hours.

Not sure what he might have caught... No vomiting from him, just awful nappies shock

VerySmallSqueak Wed 27-Mar-13 23:36:40

Put him in his cot.If I was concerned about him I'd make a big soft warm nest for myself next to the cot and try to get some sleep there.

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Wed 27-Mar-13 23:37:07

The runs can take a fair while to pass. Maybe a week or more. Just keep him well bf ad also offer water.

DewDr0p Wed 27-Mar-13 23:40:15

I'd def leave him be in the cot. If he does another one he will surely wake up?

Hope your night isn't too disturbed OP.

steppemum Wed 27-Mar-13 23:40:18

Sorry to come at this from a slightly different angle, but if he did fill his nappy in the night, does that matter?
What I mean is, I would cover his bum in nappy cream and put his nappy on. If he fills it and stays asleep and I am asleep, that is fine. He he fills it and gets uncomfortable, he will wake and cry and you will then wake up, and can change him.

I wouldn't wake him to change him personally.

GadaboutTheGreat Wed 27-Mar-13 23:43:10

I gave him toast & banana for dinner I thought those were good foods for um, dealing with sloppy poo.
Should I not give any food at all? He loves food so much, he would not be happy at that prospect.

GadaboutTheGreat Wed 27-Mar-13 23:46:31

Steppemum - the poo he just did went all up his back, out though his sleeping bag & onto his sheet. In the space of 1 minute shock

I don't want him lying in that for longer than necessary!

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Wed 27-Mar-13 23:55:54

Yes, feed him if he wants it. Good choices on your part too. Sounds like you are looking after the little chap really well.

Icelollycraving Thu 28-Mar-13 00:29:36

I try to do the brat thing if poss. Banana,rice,apple sauce & toast. Got if a website when he was weaning so used to get little jars of apple purée. Find that toast & banana is good for feeding whilst they have diarrhoea.
Is he teething? Ds nappies when teething could be really grim.

PurpleStorm Thu 28-Mar-13 01:11:03

I'd put him in the cot in case he covered the bed in poo too.

I would also consider making myself a nest on the floor next to his cot with all the spare blankets and duvets in the house if I was worried about not hearing him.

GadaboutTheGreat Thu 28-Mar-13 06:59:00

Well I brought him into bed in the end and he slept on 3 layers of towels grin

No more disasters thank god! Just DD who woke early and started wailing hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now