Talk

Advanced search

to think my Sat Nav has a mind of its own

(11 Posts)
kim147 Wed 27-Mar-13 22:37:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Thu 28-Mar-13 00:37:40

Mine is nearly 10 years old and has developed mild dementia. She will be in the middle of something and. She will suddenly just forget what it was! It's not uncommon for her to be adamant that she knows where she is going, suddenly, a big question mark appears and she has lost the plot! We decided she runs off to a back room, gets out her a-z, flicks through it frantically, runs back and resumes service! grin confused
She is called Sybil. If you meet her, never ever ask her for directions through Milton Keynes.

Or Bedford.

Or Dartford.

Or to get you home from the new shopping mall in Grenwich!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Thu 28-Mar-13 00:39:52

I've been to visit my friend in Northampton around 10 times. Each time, I've gone an entirely different route!

AdoraBell Thu 28-Mar-13 01:02:23

All Satnavs have minds of there own, evil twisted minds

Neighbourhoodwatchbitch Thu 28-Mar-13 02:28:32

My sat nav struggles with Milton Keynes... No idea why. It's like she just gets confused!

ripsishere Thu 28-Mar-13 04:17:51

Mine started to misbehave when I left her in the snow. Poor old Blod(win) has never been the same.
Her finest hour was directing me and DD through the Alsace vineyard scenic route when we wanted Zug-Antwerp direct.
I wouldn't be without her though.

ENormaSnob Thu 28-Mar-13 07:17:08

Is it a garmin by any chance?

Mine is a right bastard.

With an attitude problem.

Twattybollocks Thu 28-Mar-13 07:28:13

Mine is called twat nav.

BrigitBigKnickers Thu 28-Mar-13 07:36:53

Mine seems to find her way there ok but has some rather interesting ways of getting there... Like instead of staying on the same road, telling me to turn right then left back onto the same road 200 yards further on than I was on in the first place. confused

I find myself arguing with her especially when she firmly instructs me to " turn around where possible"

I have a similar attitude problem with other electronic devices that talk like the self service machines at the supermarket especially when they inform me there is an "unexpected item in the bagging area" (not) and to " please place item in the bagging area" two milliseconds after I have scanned it and am struggling to get the bag open.

kim147 Thu 28-Mar-13 07:39:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dottyspotty2 Thu 28-Mar-13 07:42:51

Have you updated the maps recently sometimes a simple thing like that can help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now